Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,777 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Early Spec GTi-16 4A-GE
Contributor

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

Hi everyone.

I spotted a stock, red GTi (Maybe different alloys) between 2 and 4 around central Milton Keynes, Downs Barn area.

Anyone here then?

I didn't think that anyone had a GTi near me maybe passing through?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 KPARRIS-JONES

KPARRIS-JONES

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,777 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

WHY SO FEW GTI OWNERS?!?!?

Guess I'm still alone down here in MK. :(

#3 Gordy75

Gordy75

Club Member

• TOC Supporter
  • 94 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla GTi-16

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:23 PM

Mate i know wot u mean, im in bristol and ive only ever seen 2 of them in 5 years! one driven by 2 oap's and another
one which was falling apart! I sometimes like the exclusivity of it but coming from south africa where its a top selling car which
we still make brand new (with slight facelift!) its strange to never see any! also a pain in the ***** for parts sumtimes! :wacko:

Howabout starting a GTi gallery? :yes:

#4 KPARRIS-JONES

KPARRIS-JONES

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,777 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:38 PM

Mate i know wot u mean, im in bristol and ive only ever seen 2 of them in 5 years! one driven by 2 oap's and another
one which was falling apart! I sometimes like the exclusivity of it but coming from south africa where its a top selling car which
we still make brand new (with slight facelift!) its strange to never see any! also a pain in the ***** for parts sumtimes! :wacko:

It is a fag trying to get parts for these.

Mine was owned by an oap and he had no idea what it was and how good it is!

I don't drive because I'm 14, but its having the engine out over the summer and I'll have a topic following that.

A GTi gallery sounds like a good idea to me. But how would we start one?

It ideally needs to be pinned. :yes:

#5 GTi maker

GTi maker

• Registered Member
  • 8 posts
  • Toyota Model: Corolla Gti

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:52 PM

I don't drive because I'm 14, but its having the engine out over the summer and I'll have a topic following that.

A gti at 14? haha jesus thats savage!!! you should come here to limerick here in ireland they are fairly common although the honda civic still triumphs here... i have my own now and there an unreal car to mess around with... why you taking out the engine?? hopefully nothing serious.. i am doing the exact same thing myself, body is rotten so i got a new body and changing everthing over.. ya i'd love to see a gti gallery to get ideas on different looks and that...

#6 KPARRIS-JONES

KPARRIS-JONES

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,777 posts
Contributor

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

A gti at 14? haha jesus thats savage!!! you should come here to limerick here in ireland they are fairly common although the honda civic still triumphs here... i have my own now and there an unreal car to mess around with... why you taking out the engine?? hopefully nothing serious.. i am doing the exact same thing myself, body is rotten so i got a new body and changing everthing over.. ya i'd love to see a gti gallery to get ideas on different looks and that...

Nah there's no problem with the engine.

The clutch may as well be made from fairy liqiud so I've got a new TRD 20% uprated clutch, Ashley Exhaust System and a GREEN Poer-Flow air-filter. Should take me to about 140bhp hopefully.
The engines coming out for a complete overhaul so that I can get all the lost horses back and ensure that it runs at its best. I've stripped a lot of the engine bay out. In the 4 years I have, I'll upgrade to late-spec calipers and Black Diamond discs with steel brake line kit. And I'll get some KSPORT coilovers along with ROTA's too.

I stripped out the whole interior and reconditioned the carpet, aswell as fitting a new MOMO steering wheel, handbrake and Gear-knob. I just fitted a new DVD radio too and have also sprayed many parts of the interior black to cover that horrible grey/blue. I wil be getting its body-work repaired and resprayed in an Aston Martin white. I may get a body-kit, at least a bonnet scoop, along with smoked headlamps and clear indicators and tail lights.

As you can see, I have much to do, but I'll be keeping everyone updated with the progress.

Well, we have 3 for a GTi gallery;

KP
Gordy75
GTi maker

Anymore?!

#7 dawesy

dawesy

Midlands Meet Co-ordinator

• Super Moderator
  • 4,712 posts
  • Toyota Model: corolla gti 3S-GTE (RIP), 1994 Rev3 MR2 Turbo, 2010 Prius T Spirit

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:52 AM

just a warning on the Ksport coil overs, you might as well put a chunk of wood at each corner. they are massively oversprung.
i run fensport springs and Koni adjustables with a full supaflex bush kit and it handles very well considering the extra weight on the front end.
whiteline antiroll bars are awsome too.

#8 KPARRIS-JONES

KPARRIS-JONES

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,777 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:48 PM

just a warning on the Ksport coil overs, you might as well put a chunk of wood at each corner. they are massively oversprung.
i run fensport springs and Koni adjustables with a full supaflex bush kit and it handles very well considering the extra weight on the front end.

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll take a look at the KONI's but i want a 50mm drop.

#9 corolla_dude

corolla_dude

Advanced Club Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Toyota Model: new project?!?!

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the heads up mate. I'll take a look at the KONI's but i want a 50mm drop.

is 50mm low for a corolla?

sorry i dont know LOL

#10 KPARRIS-JONES

KPARRIS-JONES

Top Rank Poster!

• TOC Supporter Plus
  • 7,777 posts
Contributor

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

is 50mm low for a corolla?

sorry i dont know LOL

I'm hoping that it will have my GTi on its knees!

People lower them loads and to little effect :lol:

Great to see this pinned, this will have to be the GTi gallery!

I've just been out with my mate Davis and have done loads of work on the GTi. We got the interior parts sprayed, the steering wheel torqued, the gear-knob fitted (I took the housing from my GL) and the handbrake stuff. We also removed the sound deadening stuff aswell. I'll post up a tutorial of everything that we did and what you need to do and use to get it done aswell. ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users