Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox S*****d!

corolla02

tune an engine with a proper chassis...why on earth would you put a high spec engine in a van. Theres no logic in it. Getting beaten by a van is all fair and good but i dont see why!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• s m smith

• farhanali89

• KPARRIS-JONES

tune an engine with a proper chassis...why on earth would you put a high spec engine in a van. Theres no logic in it. Getting beaten by a van is all fair and good but i dont see why!
who is this sm smith, although i dont you sunshine you sound like a complete t**t a big one at that!!!!

Whats wrong with a Transit chassis, it was designed to carry heavy weights and is well built, why is it not a proper chassis as you call it?

As for bridges remark, you are entitled to you're opinion, with a sentence and remark like that i think you have taken the first prize as the complete ----

show us proof of your powered transit, dyno or drag times. Its pointless bragging, either way this is not a transit forum so no point bringing it up. transit chassis is heavy exactly whats the point in that you want lightweight, you may have stripped it out but the t-sport is a car for everyday driveability, reliable and comfort. Why are you slating off t-sport owners get onto the transit forum off you go lad!

show us proof of your powered transit, dyno or drag times. Its pointless bragging, either way this is not a transit forum so no point bringing it up. transit chassis is heavy exactly whats the point in that you want lightweight, you may have stripped it out but the t-sport is a car for everyday driveability, reliable and comfort. Why are you slating off t-sport owners get onto the transit forum off you go lad!

and you lot don't brag with you're bhp figures and quarter mile times ? and no i will not go to the Transit van forum ,its more fun winding you up , get a life and calm down :lol:

i dont brag about my times or what not, find a post of mine that brags about my times or bhp. im chilling but your not here to help or put forward any sugestions so leave the topic if you have no positive input. Atleast i come on here and offer advise and share experience. Whats wrong with the t-sport gearbox then....? have you anything to prove its poor??? shall we talk engines matey? Whats so poor about the 2zz-ge aswell then if the t-sports rubbish only 160bhp lets discuss the engine and explain why its poor.

i dont brag about my times or what not, find a post of mine that brags about my times or bhp. im chilling but your not here to help or put forward any sugestions so leave the topic if you have no positive input. Atleast i come on here and offer advise and share experience. Whats wrong with the t-sport gearbox then....? have you anything to prove its poor??? shall we talk engines matey? Whats so poor about the 2zz-ge aswell then if the t-sports rubbish only 160bhp lets discuss the engine and explain why its poor.

talk about engine tuning with you? what do you know, how to open a cardboard box and bolt a replacement item on a car? you do have very little knowledge on mechanical engineering and engine tuning if you think you can discuss the finer points of it on here, now go away and read you're Bob the builder book

This is the last reply you will have as i have now blocked you're pointless posts , go and insult some one else's intelligence

and remember i am not you're mate :bye:

lets talk engine tuning then?? im in the right forum i can guarentee i know more about the potential of my vehicle than you do. What a coincidence we are in a corolla forum???

atleast i can bolt something from a cardboard box? what do you do, buy a clapped up transit and throw a engine in what a waste of money. you dont know what my prospects for my vehicle are so you cant speak. daily driver with potential to expand on performance over a long term.

which bob the builder book? the one i found in the back of your transit builders van??

hold it mate you might cop it like the last one did

u own a corolla, an IQ , a transit van......what a shi_ty car collection for sports cars, your transit van is probably the only thing with poke...and by god its a bad choice. If you wanted a performance car couldnt you afford to just buy a proper one?

This is getting far too personal now chaps.....

Sorry to stop the argument fellas, although i do agree, what the f*** has tranny vans got to do with a toyota corolla forum? but does anyone know if i can drop a t sport engine in and have any ideas who would do it for a good price in the midlands area? As for my gearbox ive managed to get a recon job today in halesowen for 450!

Wow, sorry didn't mean to start an argument lol!! Thanks I'll try that place in Moseley as don't live that far from there. Any ideas on the T-sport engine and box though???

It'll deffo fit.... you have the same car afterall.... but if you're gonna do an engine swap why not get a 3SGTE like Fensport did?

I did answer before all the :offtopic: posts....

here's my opinion that has been dampened to make sure I don't offend certain people and their over inflated ego's.

I challenge anyone to get 10hp out of the 2zzge engine without bolting something on. the ECU is pretty much locked out and the best you can do is a piggy back. Suggesting that farhan who has one of the quicker cars on here knows little about his car is stupid. Experience is probably worth a bit more than a text book.

Why have you started a fight sm smith. Kinda pointless IMO.

And before you start trying to mention my run ins with moderators and such, I take full responsibilty for it and I can be VERY childish at times. BUT at least I have the stones to accept that and back down.......

And yes you said you wont reply, but I bet a lot that you'll still read this to see what you've stirred up........well done.....

here's my opinion that has been dampened to make sure I don't offend certain people and their over inflated ego's.

I challenge anyone to get 10hp out of the 2zzge engine without bolting something on. the ECU is pretty much locked out and the best you can do is a piggy back. Suggesting that farhan who has one of the quicker cars on here knows little about his car is stupid. Experience is probably worth a bit more than a text book.

No offence to anybody but i don't recall ever seeing any figures bhp... 1/4 mile times etc from farhan..... so how is his one of the quicker cars here??

Well I'll be damned this forum has been to timbuktu and back...

... Sooo is the gearbox all sorted now?

but i didnt say my car was faster.......? so why has that point come up....

i havent had the car dynoed,tuned or anything yet, Iv fitted a fair bit and still have more to go in but as i said its a steady process.

Id rather get on a proper dyno then pull a well off 201bhp.........no 2zz-ge has even made that kind of power with an induction kit.

do you even know how much it is for 1BHP on the 2zz-ge?? answer me that and i know some of you know something!

The two cars on the foum with the SP upgrades are the fastest IMO...which is right.

Its not necessary that you must have higher BHP ratings and faster 1/4 times to know about the engine.

I can say Farhan is probably one of the guys on this forum that knows a hell of a lot about the 2ZZ engine...this isnt just stuff that hes actually posted on this forum but iv actually met up with him and we'v both done the research and carried out things that most people on this forum haven't.

The 2ZZ engine isnt an easy engine to work with and to get serious gains you have to spend some serious money...me and Farhan have both opted to go for the N/A route and for many of you who have similar plans in mind you will all know that its not easy...then again this makes it a challenge and makes it better to work on.

Im not slagging anyone off and have no intention to upset any members.

Id rather get on a proper dyno then pull a well off 201bhp.........no 2zz-ge has even made that kind of power with an induction kit.

You know what... i'm starting to agree with s m smith now...

You are not the 'oracle' of the 2ZZ engine...

To slag off members proven dyno results just shows a complete lack of respect...

There have been many dyno's of the 2ZZ with induction and exhaust mods... not just on this forum... and all have shown similar gains regardless of the dyno that had been used...

But obviously every single dyno that has been used must be incorrect.... we will have to stop using the 'pretend' dyno's and come and use this 'proper' dyno you refer to....

Tbh i'm getting sick of this forum now... when did it all have to be a big "look at me i'm the best" competition?

If this continues i'm not gonna post here anymore.... instead i'll go talk to adults.....

no ones saying whats bigger and better, but tbh sm_smith was off topic....most of the crap on this forum is off topic and we know the culprits, How many times do you complain about toc management being harsh but the truth is most of you all flood the forum with pointless crap and then the threads have been closed in the past. Dont bother posting then as i dont see any useful input. Im not the oracle of the 2zz-ge but to say we havent seen any dyno times from your car etc who said its comparing my car? You lot brought it up

but come on honestly if you knew anything about bolt ons how come a group of the dynos hit so high...i have yet to see a 2zz-ge hit over 200 with a backbox and intake come on please .....As for quater mile times you all do quaters most of us dont A) My cars not being set up for quater miles its being set for track use/fast road.

Very good times dynos from you all indeed but optimistic dynos are not proving what you are really running.

Yawn....

Optimistic dyno's??

So where is this completely 100% accurate dyno you refer to?

Once again you slag off results without any facts to back up your arguement.

look at your correction figures?? 160whp? and then if you knw anything about drive train losses convert it to what it should really be!

what kind of rolling road did you use??????

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links