Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox S*****d!

corolla02

No dyno is 100% accurate and no dyno will be....from research Dyno dynamics dynos are meant to be quite good but then again a dyno will not be able to tell you the true power of your car...realistically when your on the road do you really have a big fan like they have blowing cool air into your engine.? no you dont.

Guy from CPL in sheerness has a temperature controlled dyno room and uses a dyno dynamics dyno, a lot of people have said that Guy's dyno results are some of the most accurate ones you will find...

As mentioned before these are just figures on a paper someone may have 201 and another 195 and the car with 195 could be quicker, everyone should tune their car to however they want it...as Farhan said some people are into drag and quarter mile some are into track.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Norfolk n Chance

• s m smith

• farhanali89

• KPARRIS-JONES

what kind of rolling road did you use??????

I used one i made myself from an egg box and sticky back plastic.....

I then thought of a number doubled it, subtracted 32 and came out with my BHP figure....

I do believe this is the same technique used by all rolling roads.....

I can't beleive you are still fighting!

Leave it. OMG its embarassing. Norfolk, I like you coz you make me laugh amost all the time, but you start saying that you want to speak to adults yet you then start making sarcy comments! :huh: :)

Farhan, I like you too coz you give some good input to the forum, but you need to stop rising to it and replying!

Say whatever you want to me about me, I don't care, but thats what I feel. :yes:

Obviously.... me and 5 others all used the same egg box and had figures ranging from 189bhp to 209bhp....

I may build another one out of Lego and have another dyno day to see what figures that produces.....

Unfortunately i wont be here long enough to see that day. on a more important note what happened about mateys gear box?

to do the swap youll need the whole engine first, gearbox, the standard exhaust will lose you power so youll need the thicker diameter piping from the ts. Also fuel pump....things like that youll need.

Most importantly ECU......it would be probably cheaper to get a recon engine sell it and get a t-sport

lets talk engine tuning then?? im in the right forum i can guarentee i know more about the potential of my vehicle than you do. What a coincidence we are in a corolla forum???

atleast i can bolt something from a cardboard box? what do you do, buy a clapped up transit and throw a engine in what a waste of money. you dont know what my prospects for my vehicle are so you cant speak. daily driver with potential to expand on performance over a long term.

which bob the builder book? the one i found in the back of your transit builders van??

hold it mate you might cop it like the last one did

meaning what, ???? is that a threat?

You lot are stark raving mental heads. lol.

Funniest think i've read in a long time.

You lot are stark raving mental heads. lol.

Funniest think i've read in a long time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe its just that time of the month?..... :rolleyes: (Yes that was childish, but was good fun too) :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links