Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4.3 2006 Transponder For Key

lukelegend

Hi All,

I would like to change the key casing for my 2006 4.3 rav4 as the button rubber has worn out.

I purchased a new key on eBay and took it to get cut etc.

All works except i can't transfer the transponder from the original key to the new one as it looks like it's moulded into the side of the key.

I found a website that sells transponders and i think i may have found the right one but i'm not sure, does anyone now if these details below will work with the 4.3

This chip Designed to work for the following vehicles only

ID 4D (67 or 78) TOYOTA

This chip Designed and generated to work for the following vehicles only !!

Texas Crypto Transponder chip (Ceramic)

I was going to try and use this method to program the key also http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...;hl=transponder

any help is really appreciated

edit: I just found this one too, i think its the same http://www.autokeys.us/product_details.php?item_id=735

Hi All,

I would like to change the key casing for my 2006 4.3 rav4 as the button rubber has worn out.

I purchased a new key on ebay and took it to get cut etc.

All works except i can't transfer the transponder from the original key to the new one as it looks like it's moulded into the side of the key.

I found a website that sells transponders and i think i may have found the right one but i'm not sure, does anyone now if these details below will work with the 4.3

This chip Designed to work for the following vehicles only

ID 4D (67 or 78) TOYOTA

This chip Designed and generated to work for the following vehicles only !!

Texas Crypto Transponder chip (Ceramic)

I was going to try and use this method to program the key also http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...;hl=transponder

any help is really appreciated

edit: I just found this one too, i think its the same http://www.autokeys.us/product_details.php?item_id=735

Welcome to the club.

'Not sure it is as easy as that on a 4.3 as even if you buy the chip it might have to be paired to the immobiliser. Have a read at this;

Immobiliser.pdf

The others in the link are reporting some success so maybe you could try! Are we assuming their blanks had chips built in?

Thanks for the info , I'm not completely sure how they work. Do they get power from the key plugging in? Do you know if a transponder can be put into the key and programed with a master via the method above or does they key have to come with the transponder already in the key housing? The more i look the more i get confused.....

Did you see the transponder moulded into the key? I can't remember from when I last had the key in pieces. For obvious reasons they don't put this info in the manual.

Did you see the transponder moulded into the key? I can't remember from when I last had the key in pieces. For obvious reasons they don't put this info in the manual.

Hi Yes, I did see the transponder "glued" into the old key, I can't seem to pry it out. I'll add a photo so you can see what i mean

post-83128-1253340266_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Just became a new member, and saw this post first. Loved all the pictures of the RAVs. There are noticeable differences between American and European RAVs, and it's fun to look at the evolution of the exterior designs!

Thanks for sharing all those great pics.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links