Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glowplug Relay On 52 D4d Avensis

beamer

Hi

can anyone throw any light on this problem My D4D wont start, When you turn the key stage 1 all lights come on barring glowplug light then turn second stage theres a buzzing sound coming from the gloplug relay. then turn the key further to start the engine and nothing the engine doesnt even attempt to turn over.The Battery appears to be fine

I will replace the relay but would a faultyrelay stop the engine turning over

Any help would be appreciated

regards

dave

Hi

can anyone throw any light on this problem My D4D wont start, When you turn the key stage 1 all lights come on barring glowplug light then turn second stage theres a buzzing sound coming from the gloplug relay. then turn the key further to start the engine and nothing the engine doesnt even attempt to turn over.The Battery appears to be fine

I will replace the relay but would a faultyrelay stop the engine turning over

Any help would be appreciated

regards

dave

Hi Dave are you 100% the Battery is ok, try putting the lights on and try to start the engine, if the lights dim or go off then the Battery is knackered. I think the relay is chattering due to a voltage drop like a poor connection or duff Battery, check all the heavy cable connections at the battery and down to the stater motor/solenoid.

Regards Pete. PS. I'm off out soon so let me know me know how you got on later today. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links