Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Wrc

Insanity-74

A few weeks ago I became the owner of a Car with an interesting & unique history (potentially).

So I`ll start at the beginning. Purchased the car on a whim really, have been looking for a run about for a while, but wanted it to be "rally" ish. The Corollas have always been a favourite and when I saw the Corolla GS in Pistonheads I knew it was the one.

The Tipo Faff can now put its feet up and relax a little....although it tends to be grumpy when I dont use it every day...it`ll have a right strop on now :(

Nice job with the stripes.

I remember having to do that on a scimitar which was the biggest ***** ive known! :lol: :lol:

I remember having to do that on a scimitar which was the biggest ***** ive known! :lol: :lol:

Tell me about it...I didnt realise it was possible to actually make your thumb nails hurt after scratching off small 1mm sections of sticky stuff :D

Tell me about it...I didnt realise it was possible to actually make your thumb nails hurt after scratching off small 1mm sections of sticky stuff :D

haha! Neither of us did...... :lol:

think that is one of the nicest example ive seen in ages!! love the colour scheme!

seriously miss my old (reliable) rolla!

mate you are stepping down from a gt4, of course its not going to be very fast!! :lol: maybe a full serivce with an engine flushed, changing the sparks will bring it back to life a bit?

mate you are stepping down from a gt4, of course its not going to be very fast!! :lol:

The GT4 is the weekend toy now :) well.......... it will be after the winter....its resting for now.

These cars are very very easy to work on :).....checked and cleaned the spark plugs in about 4mins, bled the clutch in about 5 mins.....everything is right there and plenty of space.....I havnt taken any skin off my knuckles just yet....aaaaah happy days....not like working on a GT4.

Got the only AutoGlym product I`ll use (I hate Autoglym stuff) and thats the engine bay degreaser...it came up like a new engine bay...this car is in amazing condition.

DSC00196.jpg

Next task will be to bleed the brakes ...might try new discs and pads first depending on the cost. :D :banana:

looking good nial. that engine bay looks sweet (would look better with a 3S in though ;) )

looking good nial. that engine bay looks sweet (would look better with a 3S in though ;) )

I am thinking about putting a 3S in...but not for a long while yet...but I know where to come when I do ;)

Love it!

Excellent buy there fella, I remember we had one as a loan car back when I worked for Toyota.

Keep us updated with plenty of pics!

I am thinking about putting a 3S in...but not for a long while yet...but I know where to come when I do ;)

yep just chuck me a PM. dont work at ians no more. very long painful story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well a bit more modification...converting the rear drums to discs. First part was refurbishing the crappy scrap yard G6R rear callipers to transform them into something suitable to grace my Corolla :)

A nice before and after picture (Very Detailed "How To" coming soon)

Discsbeforeafter.jpg

Well a bit more modification...converting the rear drums to discs. First part was refurbishing the crappy scrap yard G6R rear callipers to transform them into something suitable to grace my Corolla :)

A nice before and after picture (Very Detailed "How To" coming soon)

DSC00227.jpg

The new suspension waiting to be fitted....KYB Gas Shocks and Eibach springs, shocks painted a nice white :) to match the car and rally styling.

DSC00228.jpg

and these to cushion my fat ***** :)

DSC00229.jpg

Top man :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links