Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Vs Type R

MicraSi

I've driven both the CTR and the CTS normally on the road, and been lucky enough to open both of them up somewhere quiet and remote (and I might add, not on the public road)

The CTR is the better car for pure driving experience. It's a better handler, easier to drive at speed and doesn't mind being taken by the scruff of it's neck as much. I will openly admit that, but if you use a tiny bit of logic, the CTS starts to make a bit more sense.

It doesn't look as "obviously aggressive" as the Type R - I admit, to some people, that's the whole point of a hot hatch, but I like the sleeper value. Norfolk said about being beaten by an "old mans" car. And that means you can leave it on the side of the road or in a carpark at night and not worry that some pikey chav is eyeing it up to break into. It just looks like a "normal" car, until you hit lift that is. CTS is cheaper to insure, uses less oil, kinder to tyres, more MPG. I can't use the usual lines about Japanese reliabilty, as the CTR is equally bombproof!

The CTS does fall down on the VSC thou. My last 4 cars have been !Removed!, so I'm used to trashing them about when the time calls for it. The electronic nanny in my CTS really annoys me. I know what I want the car to do. If I get it wrong, it's my fault. Stop interfearing!

I chose the CTS because at the time, it was the best deal, 2 of my mates already had CTR's (and were moaning about niggles with their cars) and when I drove it on the test-drive, it felt comfy and I was taken back to happy times I had with my Gen7 Corolla. Sold because of past experience with the brand.

If it's just fun you're after, then it's the CTR all the way. No hesitation. However, the CTS is about 90% as good as the Civic when you drive like your ***** is on fire, and easier to live with when you're not.

dont forget that the ctr was and probably still is near the top of the most carjacked car list :( not a good thing to have some !Removed! pulling a knife on you or your wife/gf when they have been out shopping

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links