Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wiper Blade Safety Check!

missty

Just wondered if anyone else had had a letter about the above, I've been told by who I bought my car from the following:

'We would like to make you aware that some vehicles may have defective Wiper Blades which may not be working to their required efficiency, we would therefore like to invite you back to out centre to that corrective remedial action can be taken under our Customer Satisfaction Campaign. Through our continuous assessment and quality monitoring we have found that there is a possible issue with your Toyota Aygo - YH08 ***'

I've never had any issues with my wipers and all seems to be fine, so quite unconcerned by it all, but wondered if anyone else had any problems? Now surely if it was a problem with all Toyota Aygo's then I could take it to any Toyota dealership, however they are advising me to go to the one I originally bought it from as this will guarantee it will be free of charge!!! Now as I have only owned the car for 1 1/2 years from new surely this would be covered anyway and I wouldn't have to pay anything if this was a manufacturing fault??

I may be reading too much into it, but wanted advice as I really don't have the time to take it to where I bought it from, busy schedule up to christmas (our local dealership didn't have an Aygo Blue available), but I have one down the road from me that I can easily drop the car off for them to sort them out. Any advice or if you have had a problem would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Just wondered if anyone else had had a letter about the above, I've been told by who I bought my car from the following:

'We would like to make you aware that some vehicles may have defective wiper blades which may not be working to their required efficiency, we would therefore like to invite you back to out centre to that corrective remedial action can be taken under our Customer Satisfaction Campaign. Through our continuous assessment and quality monitoring we have found that there is a possible issue with your Toyota Aygo - YH08 ***'

I've never had any issues with my wipers and all seems to be fine, so quite unconcerned by it all, but wondered if anyone else had any problems? Now surely if it was a problem with all Toyota Aygo's then I could take it to any Toyota dealership, however they are advising me to go to the one I originally bought it from as this will guarantee it will be free of charge!!! Now as I have only owned the car for 1 1/2 years from new surely this would be covered anyway and I wouldn't have to pay anything if this was a manufacturing fault??

I may be reading too much into it, but wanted advice as I really don't have the time to take it to where I bought it from, busy schedule up to christmas (our local dealership didn't have an Aygo Blue available), but I have one down the road from me that I can easily drop the car off for them to sort them out. Any advice or if you have had a problem would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Translation......

Things are a bit slow.

Come down to us, we might give you a new wiper blade.

While you're here, we'll try to sell you a car.

I have not received a Deadly Wipe Blade Recall from my dealer but you could try contacting your local dealer and suggest that you will call in there to get the problem sorted

I have not received a Deadly Wipe Blade Recall from my dealer but you could try contacting your local dealer and suggest that you will call in there to get the problem sorted

Ask 'em to simply put you a new wiper in the post

if the situation is so serious.

Thanks, guys. I'll give them a call to find out the exact problem! Had the car a year and 1/2 and all is well, so have a feeling it's just to get me in and they'll probably find another problem while I'm there!!!

:)

I got a response from where I bought the car today:

'This is a safety check being carried out only by Vantage Toyota and is no a network check. As we are concerned about the inclemment weather due we want to check your vehicles wipers to make sure that your visibility will be at its highest throughout the winter period. We intend to replace your front Wiper Blades FOC.'

The way they worded it I thought there was a serious problem with the car, hmmmm I think you were right they must be slow at the moment!!! I am quite capable of changing a wiper blade when it needs it!!!

I am quite capable of changing a wiper blade when it needs it!!!

Don't want to sound patronising but......

Whatever yo do, don't pull the wiper right up away from the screen.

The 2nd arm will not allow this. Aygo wiper arms only lift about 4 inches.

To remove the old wiper, look at where the plastic wiper holding piece attaches to the end of the

arm. There is a minute lever about 1/2" long it looks like a toothpick end. You press this down (or pull it up, can't remember)

Then pull the blade and plastic part straight off the end of the arm (Towards the nearside of the car)

Hard to describe, this from Jan van de Wouw:-

You can only lift the front arm for about 4"...

Pull the arm up from the windshield, then look at the end of the arm,

this is curved back and a plastic clippy-thingie is in there holding the blade.

On this clippy-thingie there's a small clip/lever that you push in while pushing

the entire blade towards the hinge (away from the end of the arm).

The hook should come free of the clippy-thingie and your wiper is off.

Installing the new blade is the reverse of the above...

Ian.

I am quite capable of changing a wiper blade when it needs it!!!

Don't want to sound patronising but......

Whatever yo do, don't pull the wiper right up away from the screen.

The 2nd arm will not allow this. Aygo wiper arms only lift about 4 inches.

To remove the old wiper, look at where the plastic wiper holding piece attaches to the end of the

arm. There is a minute lever about 1/2" long it looks like a toothpick end. You press this down (or pull it up, can't remember)

Then pull the blade and plastic part straight off the end of the arm (Towards the nearside of the car)

Hard to describe, this from Jan van de Wouw:-

You can only lift the front arm for about 4"...

Pull the arm up from the windshield, then look at the end of the arm,

this is curved back and a plastic clippy-thingie is in there holding the blade.

On this clippy-thingie there's a small clip/lever that you push in while pushing

the entire blade towards the hinge (away from the end of the arm).

The hook should come free of the clippy-thingie and your wiper is off.

Installing the new blade is the reverse of the above...

Ian.

No that's useful to know, have noticed it doesn't give much room for maneuver when cleaning. As yet haven't had to change it but will need to do so soonish.

Tracy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links