Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

K & N Panel Filter

Chris Stratton

Alright guys,

Im thinking of getting a k & n panel filter for my 1.4 corolla T3. Would it make that much difference to the standard one in the way of power, throttle response? or are there any other panel filters which can be recomended?

Cheers, Chris

On my prev car I had k&n. It was too oily ... Now I'm using a BMC F1 air filter. This is also oil based filter, but it's seems dry compared to K&N, I guess it's more safe. Also it's the same as the Toyota TTE sport filter.

Performance/throttle response is the same(or hardly noticable) as with paper filter. My top speed in germany was a bit over 140. ( 142 MPH measured with GPS). But never tried with paper. So it doesn't prove anything

On a long term it's cheeper than the paper filter. but probably that's it.

I have one in my 1.4 t2 Only thing I noticed was the car ran a bit smoother I would recomend the k&n filter but only if your not thinking about buying an induction kit.

I have one in my 1.4 t2 Only thing I noticed was the car ran a bit smoother I would recomend the k&n filter but only if your not thinking about buying an induction kit.

yea im not thinking of the induction kit, just wanted a bit extra power.

cheers for that.

Yeah don't bother your kick yourself if you do. Wish I saved that little bit extra money and put it towards Apexi :-(

it'll make naff all difference so i wouldn't bother. real power gain is by polishing the intake manifold.

Is this really worth doing? tell me more im intrigued?

well 8PS is 8PS, it makes a difference but its a hell of a lot of bother, on a 1.4 it will probalby make 2-3PS difference so personally i wouldn't bother unless you really want to.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links