Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d Belt Or Chain

andycam06

ok to any d4d owners out there or anybody else who may know, is the rolla d4d belt or chain driven, i seen some lads on here with 120k on the clock, have yous changed belts or is it chain, i thought chain but manual says belt ????????

The specs in this brochure say the 1.4 and 2.0 D4D are Belt Driven, the petrol are all Chain driven.

http://www.toyota.co.uk/bv/1024-heritage/B...rolla_Dec04.pdf

I think most belts are changed at 60k, dont want it snapping or it could be messy.

yea i seen this on another thread here, i was always under the illusion it was chain, my baby has over 80k and the belt hasnt done yet, if it is a belt that is ??

ok, update, rang 2 Mr.T garages this morning (just to be sure), my 1.4 D4D is CHAIN driven, B) :P , thank god, thought i was going to have to fork out €400 before christmas on a belt, so anybody with a 1.4 your ok ;)

ok, update, rang 2 Mr.T garages this morning (just to be sure), my 1.4 D4D is CHAIN driven, B) :P , thank god, thought i was going to have to fork out €400 before christmas on a belt, so anybody with a 1.4 your ok ;)

Thats great, I always thought they were chain driven until I read the manual! :rolleyes: I have read in other post about mistakes in Toyota manuals. Did you quote the chassis number when you rang them?

Thats great, I always thought they were chain driven until I read the manual! :rolleyes: I have read in other post about mistakes in Toyota manuals. Did you quote the chassis number when you rang them?

yeap, i gave him the chassis number, he looked it up and said chain, lad in service was busy and i was talking to the lad in parts, he said hes hever got a timing belt in for one and nothing on the computer for one and it was up on the computer as chain for mine, so i can relax, he said he thinks some/all the 2.0 d4d may be belts though, mine not, man i had visions of driving it out to get it changed and it snapping on the way, thank fluck !!!!

what miles is on yours movistargsx ?

yeap, i gave him the chassis number, he looked it up and said chain, lad in service was busy and i was talking to the lad in parts, he said hes hever got a timing belt in for one and nothing on the computer for one and it was up on the computer as chain for mine, so i can relax, he said he thinks some/all the 2.0 d4d may be belts though, mine not, man i had visions of driving it out to get it changed and it snapping on the way, thank fluck !!!!

Just checked and there is 31,799 miles on me rolla! :rolleyes:

Thats the job it's chain driven, it isnt pretty or cheap when a timing belt snaps! :unsure:

Thats the job it's chain driven, it isnt pretty or cheap when a timing belt snaps! :unsure:

waw, you mustnt do much driving around cork, mines a 04 with 82k on the clock, have to say not doing as much spining as i used to though,

waw, you mustnt do much driving around cork, mines a 04 with 82k on the clock, have to say not doing as much spining as i used to though,

I do a bit at the weekend around the town alright :D Only have it just over a year and bought it with 14k on the clock but was parked up for 4 months during the summer so hence the low mileage :rolleyes:

I have a 2.0 diesel and I got a nice xmas pressie today £550 quote for my 60k service :angry:

aw no way, that must be a new belt there is it ? or whats wrong ?

I do a bit at the weekend around the town alright :D Only have it just over a year and bought it with 14k on the clock but was parked up for 4 months during the summer so hence the low mileage :rolleyes:

waw, what year is she, is it a t3 or colour collection, ill have mine 3 years in april, had 38k when i got her

Yes it's a new belt thats required at 60k...then on top of that I might need a new gearbox (I'll explain in a new thread) but all in all this could cost me £1k then the £500 service on top... and I'm only 21 and my job doesnt pay me that well :(

Yes it's a new belt thats required at 60k...then on top of that I might need a new gearbox (I'll explain in a new thread) but all in all this could cost me £1k then the £500 service on top... and I'm only 21 and my job doesnt pay me that well :(

aw no, linkage or what ? last thing you want before xmas

waw, what year is she, is it a t3 or colour collection, ill have mine 3 years in april, had 38k when i got her

It's a 2005 colour collection in metallic silver. Bought it with zero mods in UK and planning a few more! :D Had your car mods when you bought it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links