Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recently Purchased Approved Prius From Toyota

emphasis303

Have your problems been sorted?? It would be good to know how you got on.

Chris.

Well I sent out a letter stating the law and what their website says, it arrived yesterday tuesday morning, I tracked it via royal mail and it was received and signed for, I havent heard anything back but Im guessing this could be due to the weather or maybe he hasnt opened his post? Ill keep you updated.

Well I sent out a letter stating the law and what their website says, it arrived yesterday tuesday morning, I tracked it via royal mail and it was received and signed for, I havent heard anything back but Im guessing this could be due to the weather or maybe he hasnt opened his post? Ill keep you updated.

As you "stated the law" in your letter they have possibly passed it on to their legal department :unsure:

Did you give them a timescale that you required a reply in?

I didnt exactly set a timescale but did ask for a speedy resolve. If I hear nothing back within a week I will give him a call.

I would give them a call regardless. We had no post yesterday and I do not think we will get any today. In this weather snail mail is just that. Sloooooooooooow.

I thought that maybe he wasnt in, as the letter was received and signed for as it was sent via special delivery, also as red yaris said he might be doing his research to actually check whether what I said was true.

Ok

I received a letter back today from the sales manager, dated the 6th of January, post mark the 7th of January.

He stated that as the sensors wernt advertised they didnt have a duty to do anything, however they would out of good faith arrange for them to be sorted (yeh right). He provided me with a telephone number of someone who apparently Jemca in London gets to install their sensors.

I checked this out via google and the installer does actually do work for quite a few lexus and toyota dealerships. So was happy with that.

He said regarding the tyres, they are within the legal limit so theres nothing hes willing to do (I kind of expect this, next time I wil use it as a bargaining tool)

He then said the front pads and discs were changed at a cost to them even though they were an advisory ( the report from the tech was in the red, I still have this report but am not going to make a fuss for nothing) He also said that Jemca were happy for me to come back and sort out any problems with the brakes, but that the noises I am having are part of the bedding in process.

The most annoying part is the squeaking I am experiencing in reverse and at low level braking. I am also experiencing grit salt getting stuck to the discs which makes an enormous squeaking sound at every application of the brakes, I have to keep manually removing them.

Over all I am happy that they are going to fix the sensors, I rang the person who he said is aware of whats going on, however he told me he is away on holiday untill the 18th and to ring him then to arrange him coming round. He said something funny which is that dave only told him the rear sensors were faulty, however I told him the front and he seemed to sound a bit chirpier when he realised it was front and back and he had been told to bill it to the dealership. Im guessing hes thinking more work?

So regarding the squeaking, I completed a bedding in process as recommended here http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

It made the brakes silent for a few days but then it seems it has come back even though I have travelled 300 miles since the fresh pads and discs.

Jemca originally said they might need to lubricate the brakes, im hoping as it is only 300miles in the sound will dissapear in the next 200miles. Its just soo annoying when your driving on Battery so quiet and then you hear the squeaking.

So overall my letter did work and am happy that they will be sorting out the sensors.

If anyone would like to see the letter I sent and the one I received, pm me with your email address and Ill send them through.

So once again thank you very much for all of the advice and help you guys have given me :thumbsup:

As long as your happy with the outcome that is good. Pleased the dealer seems to have been reasonable.

Happy motoring.

Chris.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links