Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vsc/traction Control

msprince

Has anyone pulled their abs fuse out to stop the vsc cutting in?

As i cant get the back end sliding with out it interfearing

That's the idea. ;)

It did have a wobble when I was playing in the snow the other day. Though only the first time I did it..

I've not removed the fuse before but know a few people who have. And it's fine. (Though I have often driven round with all my warning lights on, which disables the TRC and VSC) T'is fun ;)

Has anyone pulled their abs fuse out to stop the vsc cutting in?

As i cant get the back end sliding with out it interfearing

Why would you want to do that? :unsure:

The removal or inhibition of any "authorised safety device" from your car could see your insurance "null and void" in the unfortunate need to claim following an accident.

The removal of fuses from such devices should be confined to "On track" use of your vehicle ONLY.

The vehicle manufacturers spend millions on developing these systems to make their vehicles the safest on the road.................only those without a care for their own safety or that of others would even consider removing fuses from safety systems for on road use!! :rolleyes:

Removing a fuse for VSC will not invalidate your warranty. Having an engine light wont invalidate your warranty and if you did have an engine light then your vsc and trc stop working so its just not applicable.

Removing a fuse for VSC will not invalidate your warranty. Having an engine light wont invalidate your warranty and if you did have an engine light then your vsc and trc stop working so its just not applicable.

WARRANTY would be the least of his worries if his INSURANCE is null and void when he removes the fuse to a standard safety feature.

Reread my post above!

At this time of year especially I’d want every drive aid available to keep me on the road.

I must have missed the part during my driver training on how to ‘get the back end sliding out’

Unless this is a plant to wind people up, that is an absolute ludicrous comment and I’m glad I live nowhere near you, there are enough fools on our busy roads without another one asking for dangerous advice!

thread-retarded-batman.jpg

At this time of year especially I’d want every drive aid available to keep me on the road.

I must have missed the part during my driver training on how to ‘get the back end sliding out’

Unless this is a plant to wind people up, that is an absolute ludicrous comment and I’m glad I live nowhere near you, there are enough fools on our busy roads without another one asking for dangerous advice!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well said.

I didnt say i wanted to do this on public roads, anyone thinking of doing that should think again, as it happens it would only be on private land, of which i have permission to use from the land owner.

Also insurance wont cover for modified cars, but if i am on private land and crash my car then i can only blame myself and i will foot the repair bills.

Also insurance wont cover for modified cars

:huh:

Err... yes they will.... :wacko:

I just meant if its modified and you havent told your insurance company of the mods, then then may choose not to cover you.

I just meant if its modified and you havent told your insurance company of the mods, then then may choose not to cover you.

Aah, that makes more sense! :lol:

Declaring my mods made my insurance cheaper :wacko::lol:

Aah, that makes more sense! :lol:

Declaring my mods made my insurance cheaper :wacko::lol:

Really thats brilliant logic says it would have gone up lol, better to declare them than to not be covered in the event of a mishap

and if you or anyone for that matter (not aiming it at you) dont declare any mods then you will be breaking the law

Ill rephrase.....removing a fuse will not invalidate your insurance. VSC did not come standard on many toyota models....the celica did not even get traction control on the earlier models. So removing those features will not invalidate your insurance....We can turn our trc off and if you do get an engine light for example a maf sensor.....your vsc stops working anyway so it would not invalidate your insurance as it was not working anyway :S.........there is so much confusion and law is always bought into the forum...the op didnt mention he was going to use the car on a public road so why start picking up on something which has no relevance.

Yes if he disables his airbags he will invalidate his insurance but if he removes only the VSC then i dont see why that would make a difference on the insurance.

VSC is not infallible, fuses pulled, VSC/ABS on or off, you will get the back end of a T Sport out if you push it hard enough and you're daft enough, believe me.

Ill rephrase.....removing a fuse will not invalidate your insurance. VSC did not come standard on many toyota models....the celica did not even get traction control on the earlier models. So removing those features will not invalidate your insurance....We can turn our trc off and if you do get an engine light for example a maf sensor.....your vsc stops working anyway so it would not invalidate your insurance as it was not working anyway :S.........there is so much confusion and law is always bought into the forum...the op didnt mention he was going to use the car on a public road so why start picking up on something which has no relevance.

Yes if he disables his airbags he will invalidate his insurance but if he removes only the VSC then i dont see why that would make a difference on the insurance.

I think if it is found that he has caused the VSC to be disabled, then they could find it a reason not to pay as the reason he paid what he did for the insurance is due to the car getting the safety level it did because of the VSC........hypothetically speaking of course, i know that sounds anal but i am trying to think how some insurance companies think, any excuse not to pay out

what is vsc?

what is vsc?

it toyota's way of helping you to not mess up too much, its a form of traction control that also effects the breaking amongst other things. When you drive hard you may hear a beeping noise, thats the VSC kicking and its sensing you may be driving some what close to the edge and it does its best to stop you going over the edge

what is vsc?

it toyota's way of helping you to not mess up too much, its a form of traction control that also effects the breaking amongst other things. When you drive hard you may hear a beeping noise, thats the VSC kicking and its sensing you may be driving some what close to the edge and it does its best to stop you going over the edge

Everything you need to know... :thumbsup:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

what is vsc?

Everything you need to know... :thumbsup:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to load!

Can't say I have noticed any noise, have taken it to the max revs so why have I heard nothing?

Can't say I have noticed any noise, have taken it to the max revs so why have I heard nothing?

If you have Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) on your car, there are two signs that it has been activated.

The first is flashing light on your dash, this normally flashes before you even know what has happened (the car has corrected itself from a potential skid). The second is still the flashing light but it will beep as well.

This is normally when more correction is needed and you will feel the car brake and/or the engine tone change.

Just point the steering wheel in the direction you want to go and the car will do the rest :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links