Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A 3sgte Into A 98 Corolla

Insanity-74

I`m going to use this thread to accumulate knowledge for a future build I have planned (I never rush into anything :) )

I have a few questions which I hope can be answered on here.

I dont think that actually fitting the 3sgte will be much of a problem...well not too much :) ....but there are a few things troubling me....firstly increasing the brake disc to cope with the extra power. There is one kit available but its nearly £2000 so a bit much......so I was thinking about using the suspension, hubs, calipers etc from a Celica......could you fit the afore mentioned parts from an ST185 onto the corolla??? or what else could I use to increase the brake size????

For the rear I`ll just fit the G6 discs etc

Secondly I want to fit the wide arch kit......if I fitted the Celica suspesion etc would this negate the need for fitting wheel spacers which I dont really want to do????

I know one or two have the WRC wide arch kit from booster tuning.....when fitting the rear arch extensions, what do you do with the original rear arches?? do you cut them out???? if not what do you do to stop the tyre from catching on it????

I`m sure there will be many more questions which I will try to keep in one place :D B)

Thanks all

well, there are a few of us on here that have done the conversion. most have gone about it there own way about it. shockingly i still have standard SR breaks on the front of mine and the perform admirabley for now. i've never had mine on a track yet but i have gone through two clutches already. this was when it was mated to a FWD celica g'box though, the first clutch that was a std one and the second was 'uprated to 300bhp' apparently but didn't last very long.

i'm currently trying to mate some st185 component to my ae111 chassis, i have a build thread n the HJC site, link in my sig for more build info.

you must use an MR2 turbo box for reliability.

my Highspec setup may be available again as i've been advised that with the engine weight in the boot the front discs will be too powerful.

the celica setup may fit (not sure of the strut length) but there is a guy with a AE-101 that has the celica disc setup on the front.

my Highspec setup may be available again as i've been advised that with the engine weight in the boot the front discs will be too powerful.

Cool...will it fit directly onto my car????? and how much is it likely to be?

yep straight swap |(about ready for new pads though) likely to be around the £450 mark

yep straight swap |(about ready for new pads though) likely to be around the £450 mark

Oooh...first refusal then please bud when the time comes....depending on condition of course :thumbsup: and if they`ll fit with 16" wheels.

AH bugger 17" rims only :( the front discs are 335mm and monster 6 callipers ***** for condition they are pretty good, one caliper has a small scratch due to wheel interferance.

lol like your thinking. if your still interested ill let you know when im ready to sell em (probably when work starts, which is when it thaws out a bit)

about the best pic i got.

10062007072.jpg

discs are fine but as i say pads are about ready, i have mintex 1144's in at the mo but i was going to try EBC yellowstuff.

just got to sort out what brakes im going to use now : :unsure:

Heres a corolla with the wide arch kit saw it for sale on gumtree, in ireland,

it would be hard to get them arches to look right,

and get wheels to fill the arches,

id rather the standard car like the last picture,

theres a 3sgte conversion on twobrutal.com into a ae101, and a 4wd conversion on ae86irl.com, pm me if you cant find them.

242227351.jpg

242227348.jpg

corollaandgt4.jpg

The conversion on twobrutal is mine, ive gone for 280mm 4pot brakes that were meant for a mk1 MR2, but fit the ae101 with the bracket moved around a bit, dunno how they'd work with an ae111?

• 10 years later...

Hey, need help I want to put a 3s fe in an ae110 anyone with pics if the mount linings and installation?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links