Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Servicing

Rolla_SR

Ok, so at the moment I'm struggling to muster money for a service on my car, and it's not just any service its the dreaded 60k service that requires a change of cambelt (even though when I bought the car I was told it was a chain not a belt) just wondering what kind of quotes other Diesel owners have paid for this service as I've been quoted around £500-£600.

I'm pretty sure it's a chain... or is that just petrol models?

That just all the petrol models and the 1.4 d-4d it would seem I didnt just get a diseasel, but I got one with a !Removed! cambelt :censor:

Don't have a belt change at Mr T, just let them put service stamps in the book ;) Find a local Inde.

Don't have a belt change at Mr T, just let them put service stamps in the book ;) Find a local Inde.

Thing is I cant find a garage that can change the belt for me.... I'm going to try the car club in the dockyard and see if they can sort me out (once i get it changed would Toyota still stamp my book?)

Thing is I cant find a garage that can change the belt for me.... I'm going to try the car club in the dockyard and see if they can sort me out (once i get it changed would Toyota still stamp my book?)

It shouldn't matter who stamps it (if it even has a space in the book for it) re the belt, let Mr T change the oil etc and get the 60k stamp from them.

That just all the petrol models and the 1.4 d-4d it would seem I didnt just get a diseasel, but I got one with a bloody cambelt :censor:

This just gets better.... not only did you wrongly buy a diseasel... you bought the wrong diseasel? :lol: :lol:

;)

Ok, so at the moment I'm struggling to muster money for a service on my car, and it's not just any service its the dreaded 60k service that requires a change of cambelt (even though when I bought the car I was told it was a chain not a belt) just wondering what kind of quotes other Diesel owners have paid for this service as I've been quoted around £500-£600.

When I needed my Timing belt done MrT quoted £194.63 + VAT so around £228. Never had Mr T do a service so can't help with that.

Just out of curiosity - Is there any benefit from have Toyota do the timing belt change? I'll be needing mine done again at some point this year and I'm not sure if I should just get a good Indi to do it. Would I see much of a saving? Is it something a Indi could f*ck up?

crikey thats a lot, cambelt change is relatively straightforward on a diesel, lock the crank pulley, lock the injection pump (if it has one) and then undo the idler.

why don't you have a crack at the service yourself? I can assist if needed.

Well got the lads down the car club to take my car in tomorrow, and all I need to do is donate a few quid for their tea boat! As for the cambelt I was quote £350+ by a local garage and rang my local Mr T back home and they quoted me £227.37 which I find very strange as I would of expected them to be a bit more expensive!

I'll you you guys know how I get on.

nrgizerbunny - Thanks for the offer, I may take you up some time later this year on oil changing if you dont mind, I'd like to learn how to do it!

Scotsman - Yeah I got a very similar quote from Mr T, thanks for that!

Norfolk n Chance - I may of got a diesel, but it was top spec as far as diesels go ;)

Well got the lads down the car club to take my car in tomorrow, and all I need to do is donate a few quid for their tea boat! As for the cambelt I was quote £350+ by a local garage and rang my local Mr T back home and they quoted me £227.37 which I find very strange as I would of expected them to be a bit more expensive!

nrgizerbunny - Thanks for the offer, I may take you up some time later this year on oil changing if you dont mind, I'd like to learn how to do it!

Norfolk n Chance - I may of got a diesel, but it was top spec as far as diesels go ;)

Do you have a 'National Tyre' centre near you? I've found them to be the best for a oil and filter change. I get Castrol Edge turbo Diesel 0W-30 full synthetic for £44 if you want to go for Magnatec 5W-30 A1 they'll do it for £28 all in.

Maybe... but it was still the wrong choice :P :lol:

As for an oil change.... easy! (Using nrgizerbunny's walk through! :lol:)

Since owning my corolla i've found everywhere seems to quote very high prices for work.

Has Mr T quoted overly long labour times to drum up more main dealer trade i wonder... :g:

That was the best FULL SERVICE ive ever recieved, ok they didnt clean my car, but they changed all filter (minus air panel as i have K'n'N) had brakes cleaned and a diagnostics as to why I have water in my boot...

£19.47 all in......

.... Water ingress seems to be coming from door seals as there is dampness all over my car, I just never realised it :unsure:

But all in all I'm quite happy with the service I got... Guess its just one of the perks of being in the armed forces! :rolleyes:

Do you have a 'National Tyre' centre near you? I've found them to be the best for a oil and filter change. I get Castrol Edge turbo Diesel 0W-30 full synthetic for £44 if you want to go for Magnatec 5W-30 A1 they'll do it for £28 all in.

you put 0w-30 in your yolk, does she not burn through that quicker than diesel, i dont know about other garages but my local Mr.T told me they use 10w-40 semi, thats all i ever use

you put 0w-30 in your yolk, does she not burn through that quicker than diesel, i dont know about other garages but my local Mr.T told me they use 10w-40 semi, thats all i ever use

Yep - have done for the last 4 oil changes. Done 4K since last change and she hasn't touched a drop. 0w-30 Edge Turbo diesel is what Castrol recommend for my car as their premium with Magnatec 5W-30 being there second choice. 4ltre of 0W-30 Edge turbo Diesel costs what National charge me for 5ltr + Filter + doing the change.

Castrol's site has an page where you enter your REG and it tells you what fluids they recommend for your car - not just engine oil they also tell you gearbox oil, brake fluid and the like. You can find it here.

service for £20, thats scandalous!
you were ripped off, haha,

Shocking.... i serviced my car with parts from Mr T for less than that! :lol:

crikey thats a lot, cambelt change is relatively straightforward on a diesel, lock the crank pulley, lock the injection pump (if it has one) and then undo the idler.

why don't you have a crack at the service yourself? I can assist if needed.

your joking right? far more complicated than a petrol, as not only do you have the cam timing, you also have to keep/get right, the fuel pump timing.

one belt tooth out can cause months of headaches.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links