Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 7 190hp - Just Added A K & N Filter...

macman05

Hey guys n gals

Just thought I would post and say I recently had a full deluxe service done on my Gen 7 VVTLI 190, got them to replace the factory air filter with a K & N filter to fit in the factory air box... Full oil change on engine and manual transmission.. I read somewhere that the K & N will give you a little bit more power...

Feeeck, they weren't wrong. I feel like I got a new car all of a sudden, its hard to explain, but with just those changes made, the car feels HEAPS quicker, it launches off the mark now with aggression, the engine has a bit more of a growl to it and overall just feels peppy-ier.

So for peps still running a factory setup, a simple replacement of the factory slot in air filter for a K & N one, is a fairly inexpensive no-fuss mod, which might give you similar results.

I LOOOVE my ceeweeekka :-)

Good to hear that someone else appreciated the effects of a full service! :)

People often underestimate how much good it really does, its obvious really, because it makes every aspect of the engine healthier! :lol:

KnN will give a little more power but nothing all that noticable, but if you do, then that's brilliant! Maybe you will consider an aftermarket filter? It will give an even better growl! :yes::naughty:

People often underestimate how much good it really does, its obvious really, because it makes every aspect of the engine healthier! :lol:

KnN will give a little more power but nothing all that noticable, but if you do, then that's brilliant! Maybe you will consider an aftermarket filter? It will give an even better growl! :yes::naughty:

Yes, the service cost $800 bucks... There was no stone unturned when they did the service, very througher indeed. I was even more chuffed to hear that everything still looked great and in good shape :-) Yeah I heard it will only make a minor difference but in my case, WOW :-)

I feel like I have just been re-introduced to the joys of a celica :-)

Yes, the service cost $800 bucks... There was no stone unturned when they did the service, very througher indeed. I was even more chuffed to hear that everything still looked great and in good shape :-) Yeah I heard it will only make a minor difference but in my case, WOW :-)

I feel like I have just been re-introduced to the joys of a celica :-)

haha I'm glad for you mate, but by the sounds of it, you have that covered! ;)

I will be doing my own services so should hopefully feel a bigger difference seeing as I will monitor the car every mile lol.

hehe ye i hade mine dune but i dident have a full service i just hade the ususal filters changed oil change, new plugs ect, and it felt alot better after that.

I have 2 say this them bonnet wigs u have look total crap but on yor car they look gr8, i dont know if i want them or not now. i dont know if its just the color or what but they do look realy nice on yor car.

hehe ye i hade mine dune but i dident have a full service i just hade the ususal filters changed oil change, new plugs ect, and it felt alot better after that.

I have 2 say this them bonnet wigs u have look total crap but on yor car they look gr8, i dont know if i want them or not now. i dont know if its just the color or what but they do look realy nice on yor car.

Yeah I think they do it justice, it definetly makes it sound out against other celicas, well here in New Zealand anyway, as they not tooo common and I don't think I have actually ever seen another one on the road here with the wings.. I brought the car with them on, I believe it is part of a factory kit so came out of toyota like that.

I guess color would make a difference, as well as the side body kit - by themselves, they may indeed look "crap" perhaps. Im too scared to take em off in case it leaves holes in the hood etc. lol

Heads turn when I drive past, so I guess they not too bad hehe.

gallery_75242_884_77335.jpg

I like the body except for the hood scoop. I don't know what to think of it tbh.

Looks ok with that colour car I reckon.

Looks pretty beastly IMO. :thumbsup:

Hey guys n gals

Just thought I would post and say I recently had a full deluxe service done on my Gen 7 VVTLI 190, got them to replace the factory air filter with a K & N filter to fit in the factory air box... Full oil change on engine and manual transmission.. I read somewhere that the K & N will give you a little bit more power...

Feeeck, they weren't wrong. I feel like I got a new car all of a sudden, its hard to explain, but with just those changes made, the car feels HEAPS quicker, it launches off the mark now with aggression, the engine has a bit more of a growl to it and overall just feels peppy-ier.

So for peps still running a factory setup, a simple replacement of the factory slot in air filter for a K & N one, is a fairly inexpensive no-fuss mod, which might give you similar results.

I LOOOVE my ceeweeekka :-)

Good to hear That Mate,

to be honest, a simple change oil will make a diff. You can feel that the runs smooth and glides freely, what more with a K&N filter. Smart guy for changing your gear oil or let just say your transmision oil... A lot of guys gorget to do that and only noticed when thier gear is no longer working properly... Everytime i got a second hand Car, I always change the gear oil as you can't check it without draining it... unlike the engine oil where you can see for yourself the looks of your oil by pulling the dipstick level... lol....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links