Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Registrations Today

Big Kev

No Dave its Tidal Blue but the Japanese name for the colour is Deep Violet which is a more appropriate name. I would describe it as a Welsh slate colour - its grey in poor light but when the light shines on it there is a purple hue - I will try to get a better photo.

I went out earlier and topped it up with Total Excellium (Kev is still hurting from that experience) and I think this is going to turn out to be something special. It sounds much different. It has more sound deadening but when it kicks up there is more of a pronounced top end crack but not too much so. It sounds sweeter with an underlying whine. I think it is going to go well because it is so responsive even at this early stage. The clutch is lighter, the gearbox is very smooth and who asked for better brakes because they are taking some getting used to - I keep stopping it dead!!!

I can only say that so far it is everything the brochure said it would be. This flipping keyless locking is nice but takes a bit of getting used to and I keep getting the beep that signifies there is a total wassock trying to feel his way around it. I have paired my phone but need another 22 weeks to work out all the functions as there are many. I will waxoyl this one as I didn't like the look of the surface rust on the last although it wasn't really harming. I just like the look of shcm's which is like new everywhere you look even inside............yes inside the wheels! I have bought 5 litres and a spray gun jobby from ebay to run with the compressor.

My old one has gone to the son of my grumpy old mate and he is thrilled. It was 3.5 years old with 26k and has never gone more than 5k without an oil change or longer than a week without the carpets shampood. I liked the red but anchorwoman made me have another colour so purple it is. AS for my avitar - well that stays the same as it was that RAV that has become a bit of a trade mark and in any case, so far that RAV is the most favourite car I ever owned. The way this one is shaping it looks like that may changed but we'll see.

I'm not kidding - if anyone is thinking of buying a new RAV just go and try this new one because it has evolved into something special

I must say it is very nice and what a superb colour - yes and I have sat in it !

Just wait until he gets all his little extras fitted..

Guy

Thanks again all.

OK this colour is unusual in that it changes depending on the light. These pictures are a pretty good representation of it and here are the variations. You've seen grey now this is blue;

Blue3.jpg

.....and again

IMG_1057.jpg

.......and for my next trick..............PURPLE!!!

Violet3-1.jpg

and again just to confirm

violet3.jpg

Strange but true - no tricks of the camera, it really does it. It seems to have really deep lacquer on it and RRG have put a coat of something on it as it beads off when wet but other than that I can't explain this changing colour. The US only sell this on their "sporty appearance" model which is the only one with no spare wheel. I cannot over emphasise how nice to drive it is.

Thanks again all.

OK this colour is unusual in that it changes depending on the light. These pictures are a pretty good representation of it and here are the variations. You've seen grey now this is blue;

Blue3.jpg

.....and again

IMG_1057.jpg

Violet3-1.jpg

violet3.jpg

Strange but true - no tricks of the camera, it really does it. It seems to have really deep lacquer on it and RRG have put a coat of something on it as it beads off when wet but other than that I can't explain this changing colour. The US only sell this on their "sporty appearance" model which is the only one with no spare wheel. I cannot over emphasise how nice to drive it is.

Nice work with the camera, Anchs.....looks like you've bought a 4WD Kaleidoscope. Wouldn't mind knowing what your dealer did if he can claim even partial credit for the gloss finish. No wonder it "beads".

bIG kEV. ;)

Nice looking car Anchs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Picked up my (wife's) new car. Private reg I'm afraid so no 10 on show. 28 miles on th clock now.

383699292.jpg

Ker Ching!!!!!! :driving: :driving: :driving:

We must be out of the recession now then :unsure: :unsure: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again all.

Blue3.jpg

.....and again

IMG_1057.jpg

Violet3-1.jpg

violet3.jpg

It looks a bit like those shiny two-tone suits we were wearing in the 70's Anchorman. Still got yours? Would make a nice match ;)

I think the paint works something like this:

WIKI

I loved those two tone suits (tonics?)

I had a pair of yellow/gold parralel tonics.....Mint!!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I did have parralels but can't remember two tones. Had platforms though :thumbsup:

I did have parralels but can't remember two tones. Had platforms though :thumbsup:

Jog your memory?

Link

hi anchorman

very,very nice indeed. :thumbsup:

those 'colours' are fantastic :yes:

and that shine is stunning.

enjoy

Picked up my (wife's) new car. Private reg I'm afraid so no 10 on show. 28 miles on the clock now.

28 miles? Good grief you'll wear it out! :D. RAVs in black and clean always stunning GreyRacer. :thumbsup:

Jog your memory?

Link

I remember them very well Dave but can't remember if I had any. Interesting stuff about the paint too!

Looks great Anch,s. I'm 5.7k into mine now and everyday the drive of the car really amazes me. It seemed to really loosen up about the 4k mark and 7 hour drives to Scotland are a breeze. I reckon I need some mud flaps, so any info pics of the ones you go for would be appreciated.

Another tiny piece of "not quite a TOC RAV4 section secret", :lol: but a large piece of consumer therapy:

newrav.jpg

Gosh, it looks like a RAV. I know, boring - it looks almost like my old one! Doesn't drive like it though! After chewing over a few different colours, came to the conclusion silver was best for me again. Otherwise, knowing me, I'd just spend too much time cleaning any other colour. :no: It was nearly slate blue. Picked it up today with just 7 miles on the clock.

Ordered well before Anch's new 'un but delivered later. You see how much influence the chap has over Toyota? :lol:

I'd like to thank Duncs for answering my questions about his RAV, Local Hero for his opinions on colours and Anchs for going on a test drive I wasn't expecting and causing me a dilemma I wasn't expecting. :lol:

Ha har!

Shcm's new delivery breaks cover!

I hope we can get together to compare notes soon. Glad that we were both influenced by that test drive as I am flattered to have come away with the same opinion as someone for whom I have so much regard.

Thats enough of the soppy stuff - I just hope you like it as much as I like mine. I was very apprehensive about spending more money on a new car but I don,t regret a penny of it.

I hope we can get together to compare notes soon. Glad that we were both influenced by that test drive as I am flattered to have come away with the same opinion as someone for whom I have so much regard.

:blushing: Kind of you to say. Now, was that cheque to be made out to "Anchs" or "Anchorman"? :lol:

Can you hear that? Sounds like the rest of the forum barfing heavily :sick::lol::thumbsup:

Somebody mentioned a north west curry a while back. That's one possibility at least. Would consider a jaunt north for that.

I just hope you like it as much as I like mine.

Early days, but for a vehicle that is not "run in", it feels very nice indeed. It has all the characteristics I remember from the demonstrator.

Just been drooling over these highly desirable new motors you owners have shared with us.

[Excuse me while I wipe the keyboard]

May I share an idea with you, I hope you can see where this is coming from.?

Motor

Vehicle

Information

Oracle

Sources

Your

Remedy

Still new to this, so a profound apology to Anchorman :unsure:

Just been drooling over these highly desirable new motors you owners have shared with us.

Motor

Vehicle

Information

Oracle

Sources

Your

Remedy

Maybe its because I'm tired but it beats the hell out of me!!!

Motor

Vehicle

Information

Oracle

Sources

Your

Remedy

Thank God - I thought it was only me, but was too afraid to say :lol:

Motor

Vehicle

Information

Oracle

Sources

Your

Remedy

It's an acronym of your new reg Anchs - play on your seemingly bottomless pit of information :thumbsup:

It's an acronym of your new reg Anchs - play on your seemingly bottomless pit of information :thumbsup:

My Vocation Is Often Serving Your Railway? (I'll get me coat.)

Is there's an unintentional nautical theme going on? Isn't MV motor vessel? Anchorman driving a Tidal blue car? spooky or not. :arrgg-matey: :boat::rolleyes: Up the old sea dog, with a lick o' the cat, me hearties. (What am I on about? :unsure::no:).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links