Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Water For Window Wipers!

ItalianStig

Hi guys, I have no water left for my window wipers, how do I put more in? and is there any problems for the radiator with there being no water for wipers? etc

cheers guys

Hi guys, I have no water left for my window wipers, how do I put more in? and is there any problems for the radiator with there being no water for wipers? etc

cheers guys

They are two separate systems.

There is a separate bottle for the windscreen wipers, on the phase 2 model it is on the left hand side of the engine compartment, vied from the front. The cap is cloudy plastic about 2 inches ( 5 cm. ) dia. You can add plain water but it would be better to add washer fluid (not washing up liquid). Washing up liquid is not good for the paintwork, it removes the polish off the paint.

cheers guys

Unfortunately as you have let the windscreen washer bottle run dry, your engine will now over heat due to lack of coolant in the system. This can cause the engine to seize.

This will mean a repair bill running into several thousands of pounds, it will be cheaper to visit your local Toyota dealer and ask for a new engine due to the screen wash running out.

They will be able to give you a good discount as this is a common problem and a known fault with modern Toyotas.

Your dealer will be very understanding :thumbsup:

cheers guys

Unfortunately as you have let the windscreen washer bottle run dry, your engine will now over heat due to lack of coolant in the system. This can cause the engine to seize.

This will mean a repair bill running into several thousands of pounds, it will be cheaper to visit your local Toyota dealer and ask for a new engine due to the screen wash running out.

They will be able to give you a good discount as this is a common problem and a known fault with modern Toyotas.

Your dealer will be very understanding :thumbsup:

:laughing::laughing::laughing: .... Surely the original post is not for real :huh: Someone please tell me it is not genuine :blink:

Reece is right - you need to go into your nearest dealer and ask how much he will charge for a new engine because you've let your screen wash run completely dry. Don't wait until the engine completely fails because that will be far worse and it will cost you even more.

You should always check and top it up each time you fill with petrol.....

The manual makes it quite clear and even the driving test covers this sort of thing these days - knowing what's where under the bonnet and what you should put in each...

Surely the original post is not for real :huh: Someone please tell me it is not genuine :blink:

The problem is Phoenix, many drivers are unaware of the ‘severe engine damage due to lack of screen wash issue’.

So you may have to forgive the question from Italian Stig.

Toyota have had the pedal recall to deal with, they don’t want more bad press because of excessive screen wash use.

The problem is Phoenix, many drivers are unaware of the severe engine damage due to lack of screen wash issue.

Toyota have had the pedal recall to deal with, they dont want more bad press because of excessive screen wash use.

Damn.... I have had to go out and check my screen washer level.... I checked the dip stick and it is rather dirty and sticky so I reckon I shall have to get the bottle drained and then topped up, I hope that I have not done any damage :rolleyes:

The problem is Phoenix, many drivers are unaware of the ‘severe engine damage due to lack of screen wash issue’.

Toyota have had the pedal recall to deal with, they don’t want more bad press because of excessive screen wash use.

Damn.... I have had to go out and check my screen washer level.... I checked the dip stick and it is rather dirty and sticky so I reckon I shall have to get the bottle drained and then topped up, I hope that I have not done any damage rolleyes.gif

It could be a blown fuse so the water isn't being pumped to the right spot helpsmilie.gif

It could be a blown fuse so the water isn't being pumped to the right spot helpsmilie.gif

Good job the other fuse has not blown otherwise the oil pump would stop working :huh:

cheers guys

Best laugh i've had in ages! :lol:

Seriously, was that a serious question? :o It's April 30th today not the 1st!! :rolleyes:

Good job the other fuse has not blown otherwise the oil pump would stop working :huh:

You don't want that or your giggling pin will be shafted. :D

Very true, also the spunkpulley will get damaged and that will affect the flux capacitor!

Dealer only part the fluxcapacitor in excess of £2000! ;)

Very true, also the spunkpulley will get damaged and that will affect the flux capacitor!

There's a used flux capacitor on eBay - just $599 plus $80 international shipping from USA.

It's a bargain if italianstig has damaged his.

They are really hard to find second-hand and as you say, as a dealer only part, they're usually over £2000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200457698144&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D200457698144%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

There's a used flux capacitor on eBay - just $599 plus $80 international shipping from USA.

They are really hard to find second-hand and as you say, as a dealer only part, they're usually over £2000

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200457698144&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D200457698144%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Bargain Flux capacitor! Maybe i should buy it for the Yaris and send the wife back to 1955? :D

That's the 1985 price... :(

...no water...

My wife had this on her 1985 Yaris... :rolleyes:

She had the car diagnosed and it showed OBD2 code "W000".

Which means "Water bottle empty".

Resolution: "Fill the bottle".

Cost: Free. :thumbsup:

Seriously... :(

...no water...

My wife had this on her 1985 Yaris... :rolleyes:

Resolution: "Fill the bottle".

Cost: Free. :thumbsup:

Seriously... :(

Yes but yours was an 85 Yaris and they were all Japanese built then.

We all know how much better built the early Japanese built cars were.

Italianstig's will be one of the later French built Yarises, as all apart from the 1.8SR have been French built for many years now...

Those are the ones sufffering from the issues affecting the engine cooling that Toyota don't want making public.

I think the code for the UK was changed to read

WS-H2O=000

:rolleyes: ;)

WS-H2O=000

Lol!

I expect a general "Water bottle Recall" before summer.

To have them all factory refilled. :lol:

It’s better to have a ‘Water Bottle Recall’ than an ‘Engine Recall’ due to all the engines seizing up.

Toyota didn’t put any antifreeze in my water bottle (the 10 year Long Life stuff) on my last service, had to buy my own from HalFrauds :(

....Toyota didn’t put any antifreeze in my water bottle (the 10 year Long Life stuff) on my last service, had to buy my own from HalFrauds :(

Thats bad, you ought to take it back and ask for a refund :yes:

They did mine OK but they did not have any 10 year stuff so I got them to stick in two lots of the 5 year version so thankfully all is fine now :)

Buy [from a dealer] or download a Toyota Yaris manual, read it and look at the pictures and it'll all be in there.

Alf, I've got a 2000 Yaris and I think its build in Japan? How can you find out?

Buy [from a dealer] or download a Toyota Yaris manual, read it and look at the pictures and it'll all be in there.

Alf, I've got a 2000 Yaris and I think its build in Japan? How can you find out?

If you have water in your windscreen washer bottle its Japanese, if its empty its French.

The first letter of the chassis number denotes country of manufacturer.

If the chassis number (VIN number) starts with the letter J, its Japanese.

French ones start with a V or F.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links