Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hybrid Delivery Any Q's?

MarcoPolo007uk

Thank you for posting your first impressions. I have now heard back from Toyota regarding my question about the exhaust heat recovery system, and they confirmed that the Auris has one just like the Prius, like dawesy said. I thought I'd post that in case someone else is also interested...

Hi,

I'm also brand new to this site and I have just placed an order on Friday last week for a new Auris Hybrid T-Spirit. I should find out tonight the lead time for delivery, hopefully I won't have too long to wait!

One thing I had wondered was how many miles people are getting on a tank of fuel on average? I recall the Toyota website suggesting it was in the region of 700 miles, but we all know that's on a rolling road in perfect conditions, so any "real world" stats would be helpful. I think on my first few fill-ups I'll try the car in each of the modes and get some figures for each and see how the car performs. Anything I find I'll post on here to let folks know.

As for the MPG, I took the car for an extended test drive on Saturday 24th and got the following MPG figures (figures are based on the trip computer's calculation):

Eco/EV Mode: 64.5MPG

Power Mode: 52.4MPG

Both drives were over the same route which covered a 15-20 mile distance, with a combination of 5 miles of slow moving traffic on 'A' roads, 65-70mph on dual carriageway and 30-40mph whilst driving through the outskirts of York. Given my current Honda Civic only does approx 42MPG, even on power mode in the Auris I'll be saving money on fuel!

Adrian

The mpg figures you quoted are pretty much achievable in normal day to day use. Depends on what sort of driving you'll be doing but I'll put it this way - if you are averaging less than 50 mpg you're doing something wrong! A run from York to Harrogate on the a59 should return mid to high 60's at a stead 50-60 mph.

Also, the word is it takes about 2000 miles before you start to get the very best out of your car.

The mpg figures you quoted are pretty much achievable in normal day to day use. Depends on what sort of driving you'll be doing but I'll put it this way - if you are averaging less than 50 mpg you're doing something wrong! A run from York to Harrogate on the a59 should return mid to high 60's at a stead 50-60 mph.

Also, the word is it takes about 2000 miles before you start to get the very best out of your car.

Grumpy Cabbie is absolutely right. I have just done my poorest mileage between fills (51.2 m.p.g.) in ages. I have been involved in organising an event at a local school and have done the journey there and back umpteen times in the past couple of weeks. It's less than a mile and a half so doesn't really give the car a chance.

I see the Hybrid warranty on the Auris Hybrid is 8 years. Does that cover all HSD parts or just the HV Battery?

My understanding is that Auris Hybrid uses the same technology as the Prius Gen 3, and being a proven technology that car only got a 5 year Hybrid warranty on introduction. So if the Auris Hybrid has an 8 year Hybrid warranty, that presumably means the HSD technology wasn't as reliable as Toyota first thought it was going to be when they introduced it in the Prius Gen 3. :o

Here's a few more pics as requested, first the rear view camera. In daylight conditions it's really bright and easy to see, ive not tried it in the dark though yet...

auris1.jpg

auris2.jpg

And here's some pics of the boot and spare wheel location.

auris4.jpg

auris3.jpg

So far my trip computer is saying around 65mpg which Im very pleased with... however my projected range on the computer started off at around 400miles on a full tank? Im about halfway through my first tank and covered around 300miles so It will be intresting to see how far I get. (Current range is around 200miles) maybe it will get more acurate with a few tank fills?

I see the Hybrid warranty on the Auris Hybrid is 8 years. Does that cover all HSD parts or just the HV battery?

My understanding is that Auris Hybrid uses the same technology as the Prius Gen 3, and being a proven technology that car only got a 5 year Hybrid warranty on introduction. So if the Auris Hybrid has an 8 year Hybrid warranty, that presumably means the HSD technology wasn't as reliable as Toyota first thought it was going to be when they introduced it in the Prius Gen 3. :o

You are not quite right with that, according to the Toyota website, the 8 year warranty is for the HV Battery but ONLY on the T Spirit. I think that needs some clarification, I cant see why it would be any different between grades :unsure:

Kingo :thumbsup:

no seems odd, its the same tech on both grades.

range on the computers is never accurate. i have done nearly 50miles reading 0 before on my old SR180

Here's a few more pics as requested, first the rear view camera. In daylight conditions it's really bright and easy to see, ive not tried it in the dark though yet...

So far my trip computer is saying around 65mpg which Im very pleased with... however my projected range on the computer started off at around 400miles on a full tank? Im about halfway through my first tank and covered around 300miles so It will be intresting to see how far I get. (Current range is around 200miles) maybe it will get more acurate with a few tank fills?

I hope I get it in english so you know what I mean. I try it: is the boot like this on the photo or is there an additional plate to make it plane.

I hope I get it in english so you know what I mean. I try it: is the boot like this on the photo or is there an additional plate to make it plane.

A picture speaks a thousand words. There's a strong cover for the boot tidy...

auris5.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the nice set of pictures and information MarcoPolo007uk. Once I get my Auris Hybrid next week I'll try and help anyone out with any questions you may have too. Hopefully with two of us on here with the new Auris, we'll be able to answer a few questions!

I'm surprised the forum hasn't got a dedicated section for the new Auris as it has the Prius. Wonder if that will change over time? :unsure:

Adrian

A picture speaks a thousand words. There's a strong cover for the boot tidy...

Ooh, that's great. Thank you very much. I just asked my Toyota-Trader. Toyota Germany seems to hold back the cars for german customers. My car was to be delivered on 11th of August. In a second system on the computer it was read "estimated time of delivery: xxxxxxx". That "x" means, no information available at this time. It will be definitely end of August, beginning of September but also definitely not the 11th of August.

Every more week I have to wait it's getting harder. I wait since March.

By the way, it seems I ordered the same car as you. In germany there are two configurations: Life and Executive. Life is without a view things like rear cam and other extras. Executive (I've ordered) got everything but Sat-Nav and Leather-Alcantara-Seats, the two last things are extras only available for the Executive. I ordered without Nav and Leather, I have a TomTom Nav and don't need Leather-Seats. But I ordered my car in pearl-white which is an extra for 690 EUR (about 575 £).

Thank you again for your photos :)

You are not quite right with that, according to the Toyota website, the 8 year warranty is for the HV battery but ONLY on the T Spirit. I think that needs some clarification, I cant see why it would be any different between grades :unsure:

:lol2:

My information was from the Toyota blog, which I don't consider an accurate source. As for Toyota's main web site, if it's anything like two years ago, they prefer to say as little as possible about any warranties.

I am sure the Hybrid warranty should cover much more than the HV Battery, basically all the HV technology should be covered.

Should be..............but isnt............according to the Toyota website. To be fair to Toyota, I have been looking at a few manufacturers websites for warranty info recently and on most you have to hunt for it. The Toyota site has it on every model page under the "Equipment" tab. I couldnt find anything about warranty on the Citroen website at all

After Sales Warranty

Okay, the above is from one google with search terms:- "Toyota uk what does the Hybrid Warranty cover". It isn't for the Auris Hybrid, but note that the manufacturer's warranty covers more than HV Battery. From what you have said, I'm appalled if it is true that the Auris Hybrid warranty only covers the HV Battery.

I've ordered the Tyrol Silver T spirit, will be here about mid August, so have decided to have an agonizing wait till the new registrations come out on the 1st Sept.

5 weeks today and counting :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Marco - does the user / owners manual give you any link to a pdf format on the web????

Hi Marco

A Question for you....

The Auris brochure states 60/40 folding and reclining rear seats. Do the seats actually recline?

no they fold but dont have the two position backrest of the normal auris

• 2 weeks later...

I meant to come back and talk about the warranty on Auris Hybrid but forgot, sorry

The Prius and Auris models, registered on or after 1st July 2010 have 8 years warranty on the HV Battery, all other componants are 5 years 100K whichever is the sooner

Owners of Gen 3 Prius who bought BEFORE 1st July 2010 can upgrade their HV Battery warranty from 5 to 8 years at a cost of £195

Don't shoot the messenger!

I meant to come back and talk about the warranty on Auris Hybrid but forgot, sorry

The Prius and Auris models, registered on or after 1st July 2010 have 8 years warranty on the HV battery, all other componants are 5 years 100K whichever is the sooner

Owners of Gen 3 Prius who bought BEFORE 1st July 2010 can upgrade their HV battery warranty from 5 to 8 years at a cost of £195

Don't shoot the messenger!

But a good shooting of the sender would convey exactly how I think Toyota UK have handled this issue.

So for older gen3, the £195 just gets the extra 3 years on the HV Battery and nothing towards the 5 years on other components? So we are stuck with 3 years/60000 miles?

So for older gen3, the £195 just gets the extra 3 years on the HV battery and nothing towards the 5 years on other components? So we are stuck with 3 years/60000 miles?

Interestingly, Toyota have said (often) that they expect the Battery to last for the life of the car. Gen II history indicates that batteries tend to last longer than 8 yrs/100,000 miles. £195 is well over 20% of the price of a replacement Battery. This is not a reasonable price for a rare failure.

It looks very much like a repeat of the SatNav update scenario. Fleece all who can be fleeced.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links