Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 Weeks To Go...

RNS

should be picking my car up at this time in 2 weeks cannot WAIT.

its been a 16 week wait.

Not long now then - are you gettimg the latest gen 3 ?

You should love it!

I have had my gen 2 since last Saturday and am very impressed. The gen 3 should be even better - I hope to get one next time!

:thumbsup:

i am getting a T spirit in red with leather and the LED pack its my new taxi :)

hi rns

when you get it will you swop for my auris? your passengers can be kept amused by playing count the scratches

lol to small for me..

hi

please excuse my wishfull thinking.

My dads on about getting the hybrid auris for his next taxi..... told him its to small.

Way too small - have you seen the boot? It was small enough before they put the hybrid batteries in.

I've not had any problems with the Prius boot - yet, but the Auris would be too small for our job. In fact I've been amazed at what I can fit in the Prius! :thumbsup:

i am getting a T spirit in red with leather and the LED pack its my new taxi :)

Wow that sounds great :thumbsup:

My dads on about getting the hybrid auris for his next taxi..... told him its to small.

Way too small - have you seen the boot? It was small enough before they put the hybrid batteries in.

I've not had any problems with the Prius boot - yet, but the Auris would be too small for our job. In fact I've been amazed at what I can fit in the Prius! :thumbsup:

i told him this but he old and don't listen to me :( i bet he will get a skoda in the end.

i told him this but he old and don't listen to me :( i bet he will get a skoda in the end.

hi

and why not

Because not so long ago Skoda were good cars at a very good price. Now they're getting delusions of grandeur and think they're something they're not and are increasing their prices accordingly.

i have changed coz i am bored had 3 skodas now. i wanted something different. so gone for a toyota

i loved my 2.5 V6 superb still think it was the best car i ever owned

Because not so long ago Skoda were good cars at a very good price. Now they're getting delusions of grandeur and think they're something they're not and are increasing their prices accordingly.

hi

i have a delusion of grandeur but alas they wont increase my pension,mean lot.

WAS the best car you ever owned :thumbsup:

hi grumpy cabbie

many,many years ago (ONCE UP ON A TIME)i had a VAUXHALL VICTOR FB.brother brought it new for private higher.

used to drive film stars about that worked at elstree studios and such,one i rember he mentioned was joan crawford.she gave him a gold lighter as a tip when she finished filming and went back to the states.

any he pased the FB onto my father who in turn gave it to me.had to give up my BSA SUPERROCKET,cos starting family.

the FB did have 3 speed column g/change,but i converted it to floor 4 speed,it had bench front seat,very handy (BUT DONT TELL THE MISSES.that car was utterly reliable,never let me down once,but i looked after her.

it was nothing like our modern cars but i have fond memories of that car.still got several pictures of her.

when there is a old car rally and i go i always look out for a VICTOR FB>

hi grumpy cabbie

many,many years ago (ONCE UP ON A TIME)i had a VAUXHALL VICTOR FB.brother brought it new for private higher.

used to drive film stars about that worked at elstree studios and such,one i rember he mentioned was joan crawford.she gave him a gold lighter as a tip when she finished filming and went back to the states.

any he pased the FB onto my father who in turn gave it to me.had to give up my BSA SUPERROCKET,cos starting family.

the FB did have 3 speed column g/change,but i converted it to floor 4 speed,it had bench front seat,very handy (BUT DONT TELL THE MISSES.that car was utterly reliable,never let me down once,but i looked after her.

it was nothing like our modern cars but i have fond memories of that car.still got several pictures of her.

Hi acetip. My Dad learnt to drive quite late and a Victor FB was the second car he bought in the 1960s. Green 1964 saloon on a B plate! I remember the 3 speed column change and the wide bench seat - I think that meant I could sit in the middle between Mum and Dad. No seatbelts in those days! Dad really liked that car but I think rust was the problem so it was traded in for a Triumph Herald which failed to corner one icy morning. Luckily he was not hurt but the car was!

Cars are so much better protected now - it used to be about 6 years lifetime for many cars before they were severely eaten by the "tin worm". Now I have a 14 year old micra for my youngest daughter and it still looks fine (in truth it did have a spot of welding at the sills for the MOT but what you see looks A1).

Anyway back to the thread :thumbsup: Having driven a Prius for a few days I think they make a lot of sense, returning the energy to the Battery, to drive an electric motor, that would otherwise be wasted. Going on a motorway journey soon - wondering if I will still be as enthusiastic. My last car, accelerated very quickly, was capable of 150mph (not that I did anything like that) and was very laid back at 70mph. So far though I find the Prius more comfortable and relaxing - the only downside is other motorists seem to want to intimidate me to break 30mph limits.

hi grumpy cabbie

Hi acetip. My Dad learnt to drive quite late and a Victor FB was the second car he bought in the 1960s. Green 1964 saloon on a B plate! I remember the 3 speed column change and the wide bench seat - I think that meant I could sit in the middle between Mum and Dad. No seatbelts in those days! Dad really liked that car but I think rust was the problem so it was traded in for a Triumph Herald which failed to corner one icy morning. Luckily he was not hurt but the car was!

Cars are so much better protected now - it used to be about 6 years lifetime for many cars before they were severely eaten by the "tin worm". Now I have a 14 year old micra for my youngest daughter and it still looks fine (in truth it did have a spot of welding at the sills for the MOT but what you see looks A1).

Anyway back to the thread :thumbsup: Having driven a Prius for a few days I think they make a lot of sense, returning the energy to the Battery, to drive an electric motor, that would otherwise be wasted. Going on a motorway journey soon - wondering if I will still be as enthusiastic. My last car, accelerated very quickly, was capable of 150mph (not that I did anything like that) and was very laid back at 70mph. So far though I find the Prius more comfortable and relaxing - the only downside is other motorists seem to want to intimidate me to break 30mph limits.

hi

funny thing about seat belts that, an anchorage for seat belts was previded in the FB i n the B pillar

funny thing about seat belts that, an anchorage for seat belts was previded in the FB i n the B pillar

My memory may be playing me up, but I seem to recall that some cars around that time had provision for an after-market safety belt that was just a simple diagonal strap - no retraction and nothing across the lap. You had to tighten it to fit each time you put it on - as in an aeroplane passenger seat. Irving made a lot of the early ones and of course they came from an aircraft background.

My memory may be playing me up, but I seem to recall that some cars around that time had provision for an after-market safety belt that was just a simple diagonal strap - no retraction and nothing across the lap. You had to tighten it to fit each time you put it on - as in an aeroplane passenger seat. Irving made a lot of the early ones and of course they came from an aircraft background.

hi

at the time i had the FB you could buy official workshop manuels ovr the counter at a vauxhall agent.these came in (i think was)5 seperate books, engine/trasmission/bodywork/steering & brakes/electrics. i am sure there was mention of seat belts,but it was a long time ago.the good old days.

She who will drive the car called at Pentagon today to sort out final details before 1 September and actually SAT IN THE CAR. We sold our Rover 75 last Monday and a good friend has lent us a Clio in the meantime. We have borrowed the the Owners Handbooks so we can mug up on the details, although we understand that it takes about 1.5 hours to hand over. Roll on a week on Wednesday.

The Satnav looks pretty sophisticated, although I have seen the criticisms on here. We will wait and see. I hope it works OK because our 3 year old Garmin is failing.

Malcolm

P.S. Forgot to mention we had a Victor FB in the 60s, our third car after a 1934 Hillman Minx Coupe and a 1946 Austin 8.

u lot talk about these other cars i have no idea what they are i have to google most of it. i was born 1984 :(

i hope i get to see my car next weekend they ask me to pop over and sort some paper work out they should have done 16 weeks ago....

1984 - a famous year courtesy of Mr Orwell. We bought our 5th car that year, a new Maestro Van, a great little workhorse. You can see some of our family cars at http://www.flickr.com/photos/norwichhouse-oakridge/. Click on the 'Cars' set on the right.

Malcolm

u lot talk about these other cars i have no idea what they are i have to google most of it. i was born 1984 :(

i hope i get to see my car next weekend they ask me to pop over and sort some paper work out they should have done 16 weeks ago....

1984? I was 14 then. I have a feeling from reading some of these posts that I'm not the oldest Prius owner - by far :thumbsup:

I thought Victor was that grumpy bloke from the tv programme in the 1990's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links