Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prelude Engine Swap To A Hyundai Coupe

KPARRIS-JONES

I have mentioned it previously and the chances are I have a thread about it that I forgot. :lol:

The Prelude Track Build thread is redundant, it moves over for something far greater. :D

I had a good string of conversations with my dad (the owner of the Prelude) and we have reached the agreement that she is too far gone to be saved.

But it's not going to end with her getting scrapped and all those good parts going to waste! No, what we intend to do is swap out the H22A VTEC unit out and put it into the Hyundai Coupe S that we have lying around. It's just as powerful as the V6 Coupe, but with a lighter engine, so with any luck we will just about thrash any standard V6.

The Donor Car:

Prelude12.jpg

Prelude8.jpg

The Recieving Car:

millyandengineparts040.jpg

millyandengineparts037.jpg

The paint scheme on the bonnet has been changed, we were experimenting ;)

We managed to get the engine out today after so much hassle and pain...

Had a lot of hassle but it's out and I've crashed on the sofa with a bleeding arm. Davzz has gone home after doing an awesome job of everything, thanks a lot for that my man!

Here are some pictures....

Got the Manifold off after me and Davzz went crazy with the WD40, hammers and sockets:

IMG_1726.jpg

Well designed for a boggo manifold:

IMG_1727.jpg

Then got round to doing the Drive-Shafts:

IMG_1728.jpg

Almost there!:

IMG_1729.jpg

And then she's out:

IMG_1731.jpg

Can't wait for this to get scrapped...

IMG_1732.jpg

I had to try not to fall over with knackered-ness, as did Davzz: (excuse the fact I looked like I had downs...)

IMG_1735.jpg

We cleaned up and Davzz went off home and I got into a nice hot bath to get the bloody CV Grease out my hair! :evil:

Pretty soon we'll have the loom and ECU out so she can be towed off to the scrappy. :D

Thanks for looking guys,

KP

• 11 months later...

hey im looking to put that same engine in my 1962 vw meyer manx dunne buggy and i would like to know if you had any trouble putting the ecu into your new car and how hard was it to get it fired up

Hi mate,

Sorry I won't be too helpful with this - I haven't managed to go any further with it due to my dads lack of funds (it's his project) and the fact we are trying to sell the car! :lol:

Check out PUK (Prelude UK)as they have so much detailed information on the ECU. It shows all the pins for the ECU and tells you which ones you are free to cut/leave and which ones you need to keep going.

We have every wiring loom from the car including the ECU, if you need them I can ask if I'm allowed to sell them on. :thumbsup:

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links