Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Picked Up My New Prius Today

Lesco

Picked up my new Prius today, chuffed to bits with it so far, I dont have a clue what all the buttons do yet, but I am on night shifts this week so will work my way through the books etc, etc :thumbsup: will let you know how it all goes

Hello, I am sure you will enjoy the car. I have had mine now for 4 weeks and I really love the car in a whole, it does everything I expected and more apart from one thing. I wish it was better on fuel consumption, I would have liked it to be 60mpg plus, but the way the car drives, and I use it as a 'tool' to do my job, out weighs this. Hopefully as the car runs in (currently at 1900ish miles) the mpg will improve, as other long term drivers have posted.

Congrats on your new beastie... Like others on here, I'm sure you will enjoy it as to the consumption, you may find that over the coming months it actually goes down, winter doesn't help the consumption on the Gen2, and I understand the gen3 is the same as far as that goes. But, then when summer comes, watch it climb!

several of us on here have had both the 2 and 3, although I've only had my gen3 a fortnight. Grumpy cabbie is probably the highest/hardest user and maybe RNS who is also a cabbie, both have gen3's

Enjoy your car, they are great!

:thumbsup:

Yep you'll find the economy gets better and better as the car runs in, though as someone has already said - cold weather kills mpgs. Make sure your tyres are at the correct pressure (it tells you what they should be inside drivers door). I wouldn't worry about how best to drive it at first - just take it easy and enjoy. I also wouldn't recommend using EV mode to excess in the early days either. Perhaps test it out but don't try take it up hills or run it down past 3 bars to start with. Whilst talking of EV mode - it'll only let you do it when it wants. Sometimes it works fine and other times it'll switch off at 20 mph. The car knows best! :thumbsup:

Some on the US Prius forum have also suggested keeping the car in Eco Mode for the first 1000 miles or so whilst its run in. But it's your car and its your preference.

But I know you'll enjoy driving it. :yahoo:

p.s. I got mine at the end of October 2009, started working it at the beginning of November and am now upto 32k miles. :eek:

Lesco

Well I've had my new Prius for 48 hours now so I am far more experienced than you! I really like the new car and once I have worked my way through the manuals I will feel a lot better too. However, first impressions are important and I can honestly say that I am absolutely delighted with it. The only thing I miss from my previous car (a Volvo) is the parking ticket clip on the front window - but I can live with the disappointment.

Calymene

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links