Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Careers To Names !

Chuck04

old threads being brought back to life from 4 years is very un-necessary.

really all it does is confuses newer members!

they had this issue on another forum I use and put a ban to it there because it became a complete joke.

do you have nothing better to do with your time than to rake up old threads from over 4 years ago? if the topic in question appeals to you that much then post a new one!

It is always good TOC etiquette to see if an existing thread is present using the search engine before posting NEW threads.

This thread is interesting as it allows members to revisit and amend what they previously posted.....................they have moved on with their lives.......... ;)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yannick

• Kev Mc

• mollycorolla

• dave5282

well actually to be honest i didnt look at the date and i posted my reply. when i had donw that i realised there was a newer topic of the same kind posted earlier this year. sorry if i caused any unneccessary hardship to anyone :thumbsup:

Kev you really do seem to have a problem with me for some reason? :huh: - whatever it is - its your problem :thumbsup: -i didnt have a problem with you initally because if you notice in my first response i was actually joking (note the use of smileys) but i cant be nice to somebody who continually wants to argue - im not gonna clog this thread with any more responses to you, lets leave it for the light hearted banter that it was originally intended for :thumbsup:

What? No, I have no problem with you whatsoever.

All I've said in this thread is I hate old threads being bumped for no reason, which I've never made a secret of. You replied & so did I with a smiley face which you've somehow seen as touchy, whether you took the smiley face in the wrong way I don't know because I don't consider my reply to be the least bit touchy. Quite how you've concluded that I have a problem with you from that is beyond me.

I'll be the 1st to admit I can be an argumentative :censor: at times, if I have an opinion on something I like to express it. & seriously, if I had a problem with you I'd tell you straight but the simple fact is I don't & I have no idea where you got the idea I do. I'm actually in a really good mood tonight, got a bit of runners high so that just makes it all the more confusing

So really your fellow mod Jappy was wrong to post a new thread for faces to names? Personally I think it's better to have a new thread for something like this. I'm sure people have the capability to say what they used to do.

I can understand it when your looking for advice with cars etc but with regard to general discussions it deems pointless.

So really your fellow mod Jappy was wrong to post a new thread for faces to names? Personally I think it's better to have a new thread for something like this. I'm sure people have the capability to say what they used to do.

I can understand it when your looking for advice with cars etc but with regard to general discussions it deems pointless.

I think that Molly has said it all in her post above

For me personally my life has changed dramatically in 4 years.... and it is interesting to see before and afters...

Would we have been able to convey the same nostalgic thoughts with a new thread, the answers no.

Each moderator moderates to their own particular feeling.... there's no "Moderator Code of Conduct" we follow. If we feel a new thread is worthwhile we will do so, but it wouldn't have had the same affect as resurrecting this one.

We try an encourage searching for topics rather than have 50 of the same, we try and also encourage opening a new topic if a member sees fit or has a specific question/comment. However it's all very conflicting and confusing sometimes!

well actually to be honest i didnt look at the date and i posted my reply. when i had donw that i realised there was a newer topic of the same kind posted earlier this year. sorry if i caused any unneccessary hardship to anyone :thumbsup:

i was in middle of posting a reply when you posted that.

your sorry is appreciated my dear!

now don't let it happen again ;) lol

oh it wont :D do i get one in return??

I like that an old thread is resurrected - bit of history and all that :thumbsup:

As far as I am aware, the role of a Moderator is help the smooth running of a forum, not dictate to individuals when they should start new topics compared to post to existing older ones, and they are individuals as well, not robots!

(just think they are getting a bit of a hard time for not being clones of each other and having personalities at the moment!!)

Computer programming for CNC CMM inspection machinery in aerospace

Im doing the same but for a different, and now aero engine company :lol:

But i do like what i do and it feeds my tragic facination with engineering :D

i like how the old threads get brought back to life! i means me as a newish member can see what ive missed.

knowing members jobs adds another level of charactertics to there personalities and avatars!!

btw im at derby university training to be a teacher.

....and finally before anyone moans why does a newby have so many opinions etc.... Well don't !....

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that certainly included newbies :yes:

But then you are not a newbie are you ;) :lol:

#2. Kev Mc: About 90% of your posts on here are simply complaining about people or posts, lighten up you grumpy sod !

C. Become so obsessed with other peoples business.

Just grow up ! :yes:

Oh the irony

Go away Flexy, you're not wanted here

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that certainly included newbies :yes:

That's not true on here though, is it Steve !?

Flexy.... yes everyone is entitled to their opinions.... it is simply a problem when those opinions are expressed in a less than acceptable way.

I really am sorry if you disagree but you are in a serious minority here so you cannot be right :huh:

MODS.... sorry guys but I really feel I have to reply to our man here. Please feel free to delete these off topic posts if you see fit

Ah Kevin, true to form !

And thanks for comparing me to the fantastic ,notorious Flexy. :drool:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the way you've quoted a load of my conversation with Tegan but left my last reply out, where I explain myself

Anything can be made to look bad if you edit it to make it look so

On topic too....

As you all know I am a retired fireman but now I work in town planning :)

Topic cleaned up... anymore nonsence and it gets locked.. play nice people.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links