Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

7Th Gen Celica Heating Problem

OGSnow

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me with this one. I got a 52 plate(late 2002 7th gen) celica and the heating suddenly stoped working. The fans still blow but the air is cold no matter what settings you change or were u set the fans to blow. I was driving for around a hour, the enginer was the usual temp and nothing felt wrong with the car but the air was still cold! Eventually it started to get abit warmer but not by much and after that amount of time something is clearly wrong.

Anyone else had any similar problems and knows what it is/how to fix it, or got any clues on what it could be. Dont exactly want to take it to some dodgy garage and they tell me its varoius parts that cost alot if its really a cheap fix and taking it to the dealer always end up rediculously expensive.

thnx for the help in advanced :thumbsup:

Mine too!!

Been in to local garage and they have advised, after carrying out a pressure and leak check of the cooling system that a new Radiator and thermostat is req'd.......

Any further info would be great!!

MTIA

M.

Well Rad is coming out today, and hopefully if it arrives, the Stat will be changed too!! Fingers crossed!

M

:o! Got mine looked at and according to both toyota and my mechanic guy they both said its the thermostat though theres no way to tell till its in :/ Toyota wanted £150 just for the thermo + fitting but my guy is doin it for £30 XD!!! gotta wait till next monday tho >.<!!

A few of the Corolla's (mainly T Sports AFAIK) of around this time have had a problem with similar symptoms that was actually down to the heater matrix. Seemed it needed a good flush! If you don't get anywhere with the radiator or thermostat you might want to have a read of this thread (quite long!) and try the method I used on the matrix to flush/clean it in situ, see this post.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links