Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Over Heating

jcaron

hi there !!!! i have a toyota 2.2 td lucida ! when i drive it on the motor way with the heater off the temp reading goes into the red if i put the heater on it goes back down ! if i drive at 60 it stays in the middle if i drive at 70 75 it goes into the red again ! when i slow down the reading comes down

can any one help with this??

Welcome to TOC.From what I have read over the years,Lucidas' can be prone to overheating.I'm far from an expert but you want to check the condition of the radiator first,making sure it's not blocked.Also check the waterpump is working properly.If no fault is found,you will have to have a headgasket test carried out as I believe these suffer from the failure of the gasket and even worse a cracked cylinder head.

as jw67 says these things have a habit of overheating. The design doesn't help.... I'd check as above and get the radiator flushed out. There might even be room to change the radiator to a bigger version or put another fan on. My Previa petrol is similar, but I know it needs a new radiator...the fin things have a horrible habit of blowing out leaving the cooling efficiency well below what it should be. So check that the cooling fins are intact and not blocked by dead insects/birds/debris.

I have to agree with the above, blocked fins in the radiator, slow fan giving insufficient airflow or the radiator just sludged up.

You could try to flush your cooling system but you may find your radiator may leak as the dirt was blocking a hole.

Fitting an additional fan could help but make sure you wire the fan to mirror the original ie suck through not against.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links