Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Build

ChrisRuffell

Hey! gonna be doing lots of bits to this car so I thought its own thread would be fun! (hope you all dont mind)

So here she is. My corolla 1.4 vvti colour collection.

Please feel free to show me your ideas or link me to anything you think would be worth doing as im open to all ideas!

Short list of bits im doing:

K&N Filter

Front Strut Brace - (really need to find one, if not the eBay one shall have to be ordered)

Dvd/GPS- Has been ordered awaiting delivery, images of fitting shall be posted

T-Sport alloys Need to sort out tyres though before fitting!

Braided Hose Kit- Ordered just needs fitting when i get round to it.

Window tints

Ideas?!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChrisRuffell

• corollat3sport

• noedel

• ormi

IMG_0238.jpg

Corolla after a good shine up! (yes it needs a spoiler, Links?!)

IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0255-1.jpg

old air box removed

IMG_0258.jpg

shiney new K&N Fitted!

so Easy to do! took me literally 30 minutes, that includes me getting to instruction 16 and realising i was reading the instructions for a corolla verso

definitely needs window tints! now i'm so use to my own i feel as though i'm naked when i drive an untinted car lol!

tints are a must i think.. will go well with the darker paint on the car! got a quote for £150 for 'security' tints which claim to make the window harder to break through.. tail light darkening also sounds nice, just dont want to end up looking like cheap halford lexus lights... and after watching top gear im thinking of fitting some little LED's into the pockets in the doors and down by my feet! iv never wired anything before.. is it hard????

tints are a must i think.. will go well with the darker paint on the car! got a quote for £150 for 'security' tints which claim to make the window harder to break through.. tail light darkening also sounds nice, just dont want to end up looking like cheap halford lexus lights... and after watching top gear im thinking of fitting some little LED's into the pockets in the doors and down by my feet! iv never wired anything before.. is it hard????

LMAO what a coincedence? i watched top gear too and got the same idea of fitting LED's in the side pockets

great idea :)

LMAO what a coincedence? i watched top gear too and got the same idea of fitting LED's in the side pockets

great idea :)

is there an easy way of wiring that into the interior lights so when i open the door they come on?? or is that a lot of hassle which ill mess up? haha

you know what mate? i have no idea as i have never done any kind of interior wiring before so i wouldnt have a clue lol

im sure other guys on here must have such as MSPRINCE cuz i think he got some interior lighting

Yep ive got them under my doors.

I didnt wire them into the interior light as i dont like that it dims rather than just cuts straight out also the leds would come on when you unlock the car (a small niggle that would annoy me).

Thr way i did mine was to take a feed from the Battery with a inline fuse holder, ran it into the car and got hold of "push to break switches" which i then drilled two small holes in the side of the dash so that when the door is closed it brakes the circuit, when the door is opened the circuit closes and the lights come on.

I will take some pics as you will be able to understand it easier.

It was easy for me to do but all depends on if you have any experience in wiring.

Yep ive got them under my doors.

I didnt wire them into the interior light as i dont like that it dims rather than just cuts straight out also the leds would come on when you unlock the car (a small niggle that would annoy me).

Thr way i did mine was to take a feed from the battery with a inline fuse holder, ran it into the car and got hold of "push to break switches" which i then drilled two small holes in the side of the dash so that when the door is closed it brakes the circuit, when the door is opened the circuit closes and the lights come on.

I will take some pics as you will be able to understand it easier.

It was easy for me to do but all depends on if you have any experience in wiring.

pics would be awesome!

• 2 weeks later...

199544_10150111036581820_640166819_7015004_3385018_n.jpg

New Strut Fitted, feels a bit crappy but it looks okay so ill live with it :)

Fhing.jpg

messing about fitting these steel braided hose covers.. not sure what i think to them (obviously need fitting a lot better) what do you all think? should i finish doing all the heating pipes like this? or scrap the idea???

Dvd/gps unit arrived today :D will fit sometime this week and upload pics as I do so! Should be pretty fun!

im not actually sure who its made by... its pretty good though. the screens really bright and sharp. the gps works a treat on it... tv function i kinda gave up with. just need to wire the rear view camera into the reverse lights somehow so that comes on when i go into reverse.. if anyone knows how i can do that please say

im not actually sure who its made by... its pretty good though. the screens really bright and sharp. the gps works a treat on it... tv function i kinda gave up with. just need to wire the rear view camera into the reverse lights somehow so that comes on when i go into reverse.. if anyone knows how i can do that please say

Well where did you get it from lol? It fits in just right. How does the GPS work? What software etc.? Can you change the LEDs to red by chance?

I think nrgizerbunny may well have some tips on the reversing camera malarkey, as he had one on his CTS with his Car PC.

Well where did you get it from lol? It fits in just right. How does the GPS work? What software etc.? Can you change the LEDs to red by chance?

I think nrgizerbunny may well have some tips on the reversing camera malarkey, as he had one on his CTS with his Car PC.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250517144216&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

thats the one i got.

yeah the fit is pretty spot on. it just needs http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250471221545&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and it will look factory fitted, the plastic colour is near spot on with the rest of the dash so it looks pretty smart.

as far as the gps goes it has a little micro sd card slot on it i just downloaded a TOMTOM UK torrent put it onto the memory card and it loaded up straight away once i told it to get files from that location! :D

and yeah you can change the the leds to Green, Orange, Red or off.

would love to hear some advice on how to get the camera up and going as that would be pretty cool to have come on whenever i park up

Just filled up at tesco.... £71?!!!!!! How did that happen? Thought I was filling it with liquid gold. In other news the surround for my DVD player didn't fit :( anyone good at cutting plastic into shape??

I tried to take some pics of my lights but unfortunatly it doesnt show much.

If you are going to do this then give me a shout n ill give you a hand.

Any news with the DVD/GPS, i really wanna see that!

check my other thread.

• 2 months later...

Just ordered leather interior and door panels! Will upload photos when they arrive and are fitted!

• 2 weeks later...

Right! So leather is in! Check my other thread for pics. Boot hatch is being sprayed on the 18th then that's going on!

Really want to get a custom cat back system like the Tte compressor.. But think it would look better with that rear bumper, where can I get one from? Or something similar with two little gap for Dual exhaust outputs

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links