Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leak In The Boot

robertjohn

Hi, Has anyone any idea why the spare wheel well fills with water? The water is clean. The boot carpet dry and I can't see any trace of water marks anywhere else. 2003 celica vvti. thanks

check the rear light clusters area . better still get inside and have someone put a hosepipe over the car .

• 7 months later...

Hi... not sure if you're sorted by now, but I had the same problem. Water was entering through the centre fixing point of the tailgate spoiler. The water ran into the boot lock mechanism, (causing the boot light to fail due to corroded contacts) and then down into the boot floor. Before I discovered the problem I removed the rubber drain plugs in the boot floor to aid draining. The problem was ultimately solved by sealing silicone sealant. I hope this helps...

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks to Richardo Blue for this link. In one paragraph he has cured my intermittent alarm problem (always in winter) , my car steaming up, the boot light not working and the 6 inches of water swilling around my spare wheel. Much appreciated advice.

Mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links