Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Brakes...

Mistermena

Hi all,

I've change all my discs and pads on my Avensis T-180 estate. But when I took it for a test drive all 4 discs are getting really hot and making an awful metalic sound. I've taking all the discs and pads off 4 times now but its still making the same noise. Made sure that the pistons are moving easily and copper grease on the backs of the pads and the pad holders/guides.

Can anyone give me some advise on what to do please? Or if there is anyone in the Barry (Wales) area who is willing to take a look at it for me please? :crybaby:

assuming you posted this in the avensis section to no avail????

Have you checked for stones etc between the disc and backplates?

Did you remember to fit the wheels back on?

Are the discs bedded properly on the hub? You could try jacking an axle (ie front or back) up at a time and try turning hubs/discs with only the hubs nuts fitted and without the wheels to see if you see anything.

Calipers replaced correctly?

The obvious is to make sure the caliper shoes are retracting as they should - despite the grease if you don't clean the pins properly, they will stick. gunge forms on the pins and needs to be given a good rub - or even replace the pins.

Pad shims if fitted put back the right way??

Well, you will choose a car other than a RAV!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links