Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Carina 2.0D 1987

sambo786

Hi. sambo786, your Carina looks stunning. I have one the same color and engine like yours, only mine is a Liftback.

How are you dealing with finding parts for your Carina? I am trying to put mine back on the road and I want to buy some new body parts (left front fender, back fenders, left exterior mirror, new headlights etc :D ). The only problems that I had with mine were the rust and some fuel leak at the injection pump.

Anyway, take care of your car because it looks amazing, I can only hope that mine will look the same as yours someday.

Welcome along mate,lovely Carina you have there,i've the same one here,except its 1.6 and petrol,same colour and all.

Get some more pics up of it please when you get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

A proper old style Toyota diesel - good stuff, a very rare machine id say because most of these would have being bought for high mileage work (sales reps taxis etc) if Ireland is anything to go by.

Great cars - owners of modern Toyotas that never experienced older models - will scratch their heads at the prospect that yes once upon a time you could run a

Toyota diesel for hundreds of thousands of miles without 3 grand bills - happy days.

Red diesel

This is my Carina ive owned it for some time now.

it is nice one -- bomb proof and her diesel is reliable because it is simple. her injectors are well serviceable in the own garage just have a fuel stand. As far as I remember the injection pressure is adjusted by means of thin washers inside. Keep it alive and send more photos especially power installation :)

Cheers/Igor

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 1987 Carina 11 Executive hatchback same colour as yours and I love her she is used most days and is in very good condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. sambo786, your Carina looks stunning. I have one the same color and engine like yours, only mine is a Liftback.

How are you dealing with finding parts for your Carina? I am trying to put mine back on the road and I want to buy some new body parts (left front fender, back fenders, left exterior mirror, new headlights etc :D ). The only problems that I had with mine were the rust and some fuel leak at the injection pump.

Anyway, take care of your car because it looks amazing, I can only hope that mine will look the same as yours someday.

Hey, yeah i just look on eBay for parts and google it, sometimes you can find the parts abroad. I have had no major rust on the car only a little bit inside the door frame other than that it is spotless. I found a link for a light: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-carina-1983-1987-light-/280667944015?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item41591cf44f

Thanks will do

Yesterday i had a slight problem. The exhaust has came off from the bottom end of the manifold :(, im going have to see whether to get it welded back on or to buy a new complete exhaust. This probelm is common in the 2.0D model, in th past ive owned a few of these. Ive done 500,000 miles in one, on the same engine gearbox, just changed the head after 250k. This one current has done 196k. I'l upload a pic of the dash soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links