Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Tax What A Joke!

b1gpkr001

Sorry for being smug guys..... 0 road tax on the Prius, 20 on the Aygo..... :yahoo:

request ban on Jan&tone lol enciting violence :)

Agreed :ban:

:lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KPARRIS-JONES

• b1gpkr001

• Jan&tone

• Red Yaris 54

Top Posters In This Topic

You what!!!!!!!!

That's bull s**t!! Why do I have to pay a 10er more!

Think I'm going to have to get a super charger to get my money's worth lol

I wouldn't, since the T-Sport sits just on 198g/km, and the limit is 199g/km last I checked anyway.

If you can find a supercharger that doesn't adds 1g/km give me a bell! =D

And five grand. That'd be nice too.

Not only do we have to pay more, but when I went to do my dad's online, they tried to charge *another* £10 more on top of what it said in the reminder letter!!

In the end we just sent the letter to them with the lesser amount, I just hope it gets back in time! :eek:

I just hope my Yaris is still £30 come December...! :unsure:

The problem with road tax is that the nearest it gets to the road is on your windscreen. If it was actually used for the roads we would have the best roads in Europe, however it doesn't and therefore despite paying a fortune (yes I know I don't, but I used to) we have what are probably the worst roads in Europe.... Simply unacceptable, therefore at the next general election I will vote for whoever will abolish road tax and put all the economic migrants to work repairing the roads!

Rant over :yahoo:

It is shocking,

The thing that annoys me is that if your car is older than 2000 (w) your on a different tax rate and it doesnt matter what size engine you have :)

Been considering a GT4 for fun and a yaris to commute, i'd still be paying less tax than the T sport in total lol. Insurance still hurts though!

You what!!!!!!!!

That's bull s**t!! Why do I have to pay a 10er more!

Think I'm going to have to get a super charger to get my money's worth lol

Yeh fair comment!

Didn't think it through. but would still like one!

I wouldn't, since the T-Sport sits just on 198g/km, and the limit is 199g/km last I checked anyway.

If you can find a supercharger that doesn't adds 1g/km give me a bell! =D

And five grand. That'd be nice too.

It is shocking,

The thing that annoys me is that if your car is older than 2000 (w) your on a different tax rate and it doesnt matter what size engine you have :)

Argh tell me about it; My old Fiesta cost £185 to tax (Yes! £185! For a FIESTA!! :eek: :censor: ) but if it was 6 months older it would have been £120!!

GB and TAx go way way back, it has always been a trait of ours and pretty much sparked the road to independance for the US, our King and his Taxes.

Also be thankful to the EU for once, our beloved government tried to back date the hikes but EU ruled against it.

I too keep considering a Pre March 31st 2001 car just for the old tax rates, like this country now, they are a complete joke.....

You go to work and get TAXED on your earnings, You then buy a car and pay TAX on the purchase, you then have to buy road TAX whilst filling it with increasingly OVER TAXED fuel.

TAX TAX TAX, welcome to so called Graet Britain.... :censor:

What really irks me about paying road tax is that there is whole raft of government departments dedicated to collecting the darned money.

Now if the tax was added to fuel not only could they save gazillions closing down these departments they could just ask the fuel money-grabbing companies to do it for them at no extra cost whatsoever. After all these companies already have a system for paying the duty collected on road fuel. It would also make it nuch fairer on road users and also please the envoronmentalists.

Now that idea would sure get my vote in the next election.:)

What really irks me about paying road tax is that there is whole raft of government departments dedicated to collecting the darned money.

Now if the tax was added to fuel not only could they save gazillions closing down these departments they could just ask the fuel money-grabbing companies to do it for them at no extra cost whatsoever. After all these companies already have a system for paying the duty collected on road fuel. It would also make it nuch fairer on road users and also please the envoronmentalists.

Now that idea would sure get my vote in the next election.:)

:lol: I would have agreed till I bought my Gen3 Prius and started paying no road tax!

Paid no road tax on my New Verso S..............and only £30 next year! :yahoo:

yes but in theory the prius is actually one of the most un-economical cars out there! that's what's bad about it, the stuff for the battery's is mined in Canada shipped on a big bunker fuel burning ship all the way to japan where they are made and then all the other parts get sent here on a plane or ship and its all put together not to mention that it still has a 1.8 petrol engine :thumbsup: , our car tax system is a joke, ive just got mine for the rolla £235 for the year and my 2000 zetec s which has gone from £190 last year to £205 this year!!

yes but in theory the prius is actually one of the most un-economical cars out there! that's what's bad about it, the stuff for the battery's is mined in Canada shipped on a big bunker fuel burning ship all the way to japan where they are made and then all the other parts get sent here on a plane or ship and its all put together not to mention that it still has a 1.8 petrol engine :thumbsup: , our car tax system is a joke, ive just got mine for the rolla £235 for the year and my 2000 zetec s which has gone from £190 last year to £205 this year!!

Then you are driving the wrong cars! ;)

Then you are driving the wrong cars!

haha nope never two of the best cars for the money id say :rolleyes:

Agreed!..........then why complain about the road tax rates??

because of the state our roads are in, the price increases for what is obviously going nowhere but in the pockets of fat cats instead in to our road network, i mean look at japan, massive tragic disasters one after the other , infrastructure ruined and yet they still managed to rebuild a completely ruined stretch of motorway in a week to pristine standards yet we have a little bit of snow and the roads are ruined for years

thats why :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

because of the state our roads are in, the price increases for what is obviously going nowhere but in the pockets of fat cats instead in to our road network, i mean look at japan, massive tragic disasters one after the other , infrastructure ruined and yet they still managed to rebuild a completely ruined stretch of motorway in a week to pristine standards yet we have a little bit of snow and the roads are ruined for years

thats why :thumbsup:

You should not really compare UK road tax with the Car tax and other associated vehicle taxes levied in Japan

Japan Car Tax

What is expensive about owning a car in Japan is the car tax. There are several different types of taxes charged. The first is an acquisition tax which is paid a car is purchased. The second is a weight tax which is a tax based on the weight of the car and due every two years when the car inspection is due. Finally, there is an annual car tax which is varies depending on the size of the engine in the car. Other fees or taxes may also be charged depending on the car.

It is apparent that car taxes vary depending not only on where the car is purchased, but also on its weight, type and engine size. Taxes in the form of sales tax, acquisition taxes, road taxes, weight taxes and annual taxes are all used in various combinations to create a unique car tax for each area. Knowing the types and amounts of taxes that will be charged for a new vehicle is important when considering purchasing one in Japan.

The revenue generated by taxes in Japan are far higher than those generated by UK road tax........That is why they are able to spend more money on road repairs :rolleyes:

If you do not like the road taxes levied in the UK then change your vehicles for those in a lower tax band!.....(and stop moaning about it on here) :thumbsup:

Tax has gone up for the t sport to £245 my reminder said £235 but when I came to get it cost £245!

Tax has gone up for the t sport to £245 my reminder said £235 but when I came to get it cost £245!

well thats just :ffs: :censor:

We all drive the cars of our choice. Witness the 4x4's that never see a muddy field or whos owners wouldn't dream of getting them dirty...

I don't see the logic of a 4x4 in London, but I respect the freedom of choice their owners have.

They have the choice to buy a gas guzzler, so they shouldn't moan when they get large tax bills or heavy fuel bills.

My argument is that the money we pay in road tax is NOT used for the roads, it just goes into the general tax fund and is used to provide homes for teenage single mums and illegal immegrunts etc.... Keep it for the roads and then we may get some decent repairs done.

But my GTi doesn't have such massive emissions... cows do more :lol::rolleyes:

KP

LOL Cow MOTs, get them tested for emissions :yahoo:

Much better idea! :lol: Got my MOT this Friday :eek: I'll bring a cow with me to see how it all stacks up...

KP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links