Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Starley Solida - 98 Model Stereo Wiring Problems

Sethcrow

So, finally got around to replacing the stock 4 inch front Speakers, already had a replaced sony head unit by the previous owner after the original was stolen which i knew had 4 line outputs. Unfortunately for me, when the so called 'fitter' at the toyota garage had fitted the new head unit...they had completely and utterly butchered the various wires. New wires have been crudely twisted onto the existing and electrical taped together, with the new wires tacked on not even remotely matching the originals (in some cases, being the exact same colour!!) and fitted badly into a sony 16 pin block.

Major headache, and now i'm going to have to attempt to fix this so i can fit a new unit myself. I'm looking to fit a new iso block (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ISO-STEREO-ADAPTOR-WIRING-LEAD-TOYOTA-Starlet-85-99-/250681027606?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9028023179140868231).

Far from an electronics whiz myself, I'm wondering what the complexity of this will be. Any reference i have to iso blocks always assumes you can just plug them straight onto the original (without any help for those of use with just a mangled mess of unplugged wires)

I have heard that the blocks can just plug onto some kind of wiring harness, has anyone else any experience at all of replacing these parts that can assist?

As far as I can tell, the correct original cable colouring should be :

Grey- 12v switch feed

Brown - Earth

Blue/Yellow - 12v constant

Green - Illu

Red/White - Right rear

Yellow/Black - Left Rear

Green/Light Green - Front Right

Violet/pink - Left Front

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links