Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rusted Sump

renault12ts

After dumping the contents of the sump on the driveway last week...fortunately seen before driving car... the sump was replaced for a total cost of £315!! Is this a common thing on Toyotas, because I'd never heard of it before?

After dumping the contents of the sump on the driveway last week...fortunately seen before driving car... the sump was replaced for a total cost of £315!! Is this a common thing on Toyotas, because I'd never heard of it before?

£315 for a sump pan? That sounds like a crazy price to me. I had a Vaxhall Corsa Diesel that the sump rotted through. I got one off a breakers yaerd for a tenor and fitted it. But I would have thought it wouldn't have been much more than a £100 for the part at the main dealer.

I don't know if this is a common problem with Toyotas or not! How many miles was on the clock? Do you live in a coastal area?

The sump cost £93 + vat, plus the oil and a new filter, plus labour and a tow to the garage.

Not unheard of, Ive seen it happen a number of times, the price sounds about right

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have a dent in the front edge of mine. No idea how it happened. Just noticed it one day. Doesn't seem to be a problem though. But that could be tempting fate.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links