Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Mounted Gauges

97paseo

I've been on about this before - mainly for looks purposes :D Been looking at these DIN slot mounting plates:

3pod_dina.jpg

Made from Poly and rubber, this 3 gauge pod fits into a DIN sized hole.Made so the gauges are faces towards the driver. Holds any 52mm gauges. available in RHD

Obviously I don't have a turbo so a boost gauge is out of the question , volt one's are easy to install I'm told but what else? Oil Pressure, Temperture & Water Temp? Thought I saw an air/fuel one as well?

How hard are these to install & does anyone know a cheap-ish place to pick them up? I'm after back lit - white face - green & red needles etc to match the Seo's dash one's ideally.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Obviously I don't have a turbo so a boost gauge is out of the question

Yeah, but what a great excuse to get one fitted :rolleyes: :P :lol:

Yeah, but what a great excuse to get one fitted :rolleyes: :P :lol:

:lol: That's not constructive!! :lol: I wish I could afford a turbo! :rolleyes:

in my 200sx i have boost (easyish to fit) oil pressure (can be hard) volts (my 9mth old godson could do it) air fuel (easy-ish)

on my sera i had vacumn looks like boost guge ( the needle goes up and down :P ) easy as u like to fit as well as airfuel and volts

on the sx the were not easy to fit due to running cables that is what it comes down to.

for oil pressure on my sera i had to get a remote sender unit and too be honest it wasnt too acurate.

i would just get: Vacumn, Volts, and air fuel (prob need to go to a garage for this depends how hands on u r)

i would also go digital as they do look the dogs

ED

on my sera i had vacumn looks like boost guge ( the needle goes up and down :P ) easy as u like to fit as well as airfuel and volts

i would just get: Vacumn, Volts, and air fuel (prob need to go to a garage for this depends how hands on u r)

i would also go digital as they do look the dogs

Cheers Ed. :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same about which one's to have - I have a mate who's fairly good at this sort of thing, not sure - could have a go! :unsure:

Volts I think is a cert, Vacum sounds cool - I like the idea of it moving about like a boost gauge! :D :thumbsup: & air-fuel sounds good also. :)

So do I need extra bits of kit for these three - like sensors & senders or are they quite straight forward? I'm not sure if you get the extra bits when you buy the guages.. :unsure:

As for digital they do look cool - but I'm guessing it'll bump up the £££!

the vacumn just plumbs into a vac line comes with the vac hose

air fuel gets attached to the lambda sensor

volts just wired on to a live bit of a bodge but if ur doin din mounted use the head unit power cable

the digi gauges i got are race x bit of a stick on fuel cap company but bout £50 a gauge

howerver they dont do vac gauge but it could look quite good havin an analogue gauge in between to digi

for prices etc call evolution performance 01268695400 thell sort u out say that i sent u

ED

I've been on about this before - mainly for looks purposes :D Been looking at these DIN slot mounting plates:

3pod_dina.jpg

That looks like the one that I have from Impossible Performance.

Filled mine with SPA dual digital gauages - 6 readouts in 3 gauges.

That looks like the one that I have from Impossible Performance.

Filled mine with SPA dual digital gauages - 6 readouts in 3 gauges.

Yea it is from Impossible. :thumbsup:

Have you been happy with it? How much is it angled towards the driver?

Think I'll go for analogue having thought about it - I'll order when I find a company that does fairly cheap gauges with white faces.

TIM seems the best option at the moment but I can't find out if they are back lit. :ffs:

If your going to Gaydon on Sunday you can have a look in the flesh. I think the angle is just right. I found that I had to do a fair bit of work with a Dremel to enlarge the holes before the gauges would fit - didn't leave a lot of meat around the outside. I also had to cut down the projection on the back so that it would fit properly - but that was probably just where I wanted to fit it.

There's a pic with the gauges fitted somewhere in the Miscellaneous gallery

Yannick - do you shortcuts to every picture in the galleries???????? :rolleyes: :P :eek:

I would have gone analogue too but I wanted to monitor 6 parameters and don't have the room for 6 gauges. Though I may have to find room for just one more :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have a sort of graphical memory :lol: If I remember where I saw something, I can normally find it again. If it's a picture that's of relevance to a thread, I link it in :hokus-pokus:

If your going to Gaydon on Sunday you can have a look in the flesh.

I'm still struggling to get time off work. :(

Thanks for the advice. :thumbsup:

Found these on e-bay. Problem is they either have a vac gauge & no air/fuel or air/fuel & no vac! :ffs:

These are the sort of thing I'd like: Indiglo as well for £25 a gauge. B)

a9_2.JPGc7_2.JPG

But they only have oil pressure & water temp as extra's... :(

They're neat, I like them. Find a blue display LCD display to go between them & it'll be OK

Edited: Hang a second - you've got a voltmeter & a vacuum guage displayed - put this with the oil pressure and you're rolling

Edited by yannick

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links