Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pop Up

acetip

HI all,need help,when i am on TOC i keep getting a pop up in the information tool bar saying AN ADD ON FOR THIS WEBSITE FAILED TO RUN CHECK SECURITY SETTINGS IN INTERNET OPTIONS FOR POTENTIONEL CONFLICT.

i have done a check and cant fault anything.has anyone got any advice as the constant bleeping when the pop shows is very annoying.

Add TOC to your safe users list,

Also those little blue pills can cause pop ups.... :eek:

It sounds like a fake ad to me... :unsure:

Be careful and make sure your anti-virus software is up to date!

Next time it happens, hit the PrintScreen button and post it here (You'll probably need to paste it into Paint and then save it before you can upload it)

thanks for the replies and advice

ive subscribed to the GEEKSQUAD and have done so since i first got a pc back in 2007.they have some pretty clever agents there,and helped me out when ive got into a muddle,which have many times when i first started.

i gave them a call about this pop up thing.normaly the first agent you get sorts any problems out you may be having,but not in this case.they take control of your pc from their end and its funny seeing someone else controling things while you just sit there watching the cursor flashing all over the place.

it ended up with more than one agent this time trying to find the cause of this annoying pop up.but no luck after changing many settings after over an hours effort.

the only thing they suggested was to use firefox for the TOC site so they loaded in site up for me.i have tried it before but prefer the internet explorer.no sign of the pop up on toc with firefox.

My anti virus protection is working fine.

ps

Hi RAISTIN, i only use little blue pills in my tea to stop the biccys going soft when i dunk them.

It does not appears in my PC,What is the main cause of this?

I wish i knew the answer.

I had many issues with IE8 on TOC and had to set it to compatible view for it to work correctly but since moving to IE9 I have had no worries :thumbsup:

I had many issues with IE8 on TOC and had to set it to compatible view for it to work correctly but since moving to IE9 I have had no worries :thumbsup:

Hi, never had any trouble up to now,but thanks for the advice,Raistlin.

Funny, now this pop up only happend once this morning whilst ive been on TOC.where before it showed up many times whilst going through the forums.

Ive also noticed that the scrolling is a little bit jerky on the Internet Explorer on TOC,but not on it when using Firfox.i cant make out whats going on.

Acetip, I think there are some problems with the forum of late... I have to double click each item to open and read it, and when I hit the back button to get back to the forum index, that has to be hit twice too!

Like the rest of us, I think it's getting old!

:thumbsup:

Acetip, I think there are some problems with the forum of late... I have to double click each item to open and read it, and when I hit the back button to get back to the forum index, that has to be hit twice too!

Like the rest of us, I think it's getting old!

:thumbsup:

You may well be correct, old mate. i know what getting old is all about.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links