Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An Apology..

CharlieFarlie

The mod should come forward and give his reasons for the action taken!!!

Agreed, i'll fire a message to Steve and ask if he can check the logs

Nice one mate. I believe that if an action is taken (What ever that may be) there has to be a good reason and an explanation given if challenged. :thumbsup:

Lets get to the bottom of this one and put it to bed!...

The mod should come forward and give his reasons for the action taken!!!

Agreed, i'll fire a message to Steve and ask if he can check the logs

"I`ve seen everything I`ve seen it all" hysterically_laughing.gif

I have today apologised to Clare (Manxrav) for swearing on Her thread. The word I used was not for some reason caught by the swear filter.

I thought it would and would still have the same impact but it was not and I regret putting the word onto the thread..

I don't quite know what the politics are at the top of the Forum and frankly I don't care I wish not to get involved in silly arguments about that so I will retire from the Forum.

Have a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year and enjoy those cars !!!!!

See Ya

Charlie.

Charles, boyo, daint be a big saft jessie (is that about right Big Kev? Not been to Scotlandshire for a while...). Lookee, man, they've even gin ya back yer star!

And I cannae keep up this Scottish vernaculiarism for mo than a couple o sentences.......:thumbsup:

FOUR OOTA TEN jIM BUT MAN, KEN....?

:thumbsup:

I have today apologised to Clare (Manxrav) for swearing on Her thread. The word I used was not for some reason caught by the swear filter.

I thought it would and would still have the same impact but it was not and I regret putting the word onto the thread..

I don't quite know what the politics are at the top of the Forum and frankly I don't care I wish not to get involved in silly arguments about that so I will retire from the Forum.

See Ya

Charlie.

Charles, boyo, daint be a big saft jessie (is that about right Big Kev? Not been to Scotlandshire for a while...). Lookee, man, they've even gin ya back yer star!

And I cannae keep up this Scottish vernaculiarism for mo than a couple o sentences.......:thumbsup:

aH JIST MISSED AW THIS - witsitawaboot? Is thair nae mair importan things aboot enymair?

See Ya

Charlie.

aH JIST MISSED AW THIS - witsitawaboot? Is thair nae mair importan things aboot enymair?

:crybaby:

I have been witout the internet for a while so wasn't able to reply but just to add my support for Charlie,who i have found to be a really good poster since my short time on here,and have enjoyed reading his posts,so don't go Charlie and come back.

Will Ye No Come Back Again?

Bonniey Charlie's noo awa

Safely oer the friendly main;

Mony a heart will break in twa,

Should he no come back again.

Will ye no come back again?

Better loed ye canna be;

Ye trusted in your Hielan men,

They trusted you dear Charlie!

They kent your hiding in the glen,

Death and exile braving.

English bribes were a in vain

Tho puir and puirer we mun be;

Siller canna buy the heart

That aye beats warm for thine an thee.

We watched thee in the gloamin hour;

We watched thee in the mornin grey;

Though thirty thousand pounds they gie,

Oh, there is nane that would betray!

Sweet's the laverock's note an lang,

Liltin wildly up the glen;

But aye to me he sings a sang,

"Will ye no come back again?"

Lyrics by Carolina, Lady Nairne.

It`s the only song and words I could think of Charlie.

"WILL YE NO COME BACK AGAIN"

Please

Bobby

When i first joined the TOC and saw CFs name it reminded me straight away of the Two Ronnies :thumbsup::lol:

Will Ye No Come Back Again?

Bonniey Charlie's noo awa

Safely oer the friendly main;

Mony a heart will break in twa,

Should he no come back again.

Better loed ye canna be;

Ye trusted in your Hielan men,

They trusted you dear Charlie!

They kent your hiding in the glen,

Death and exile braving.

English bribes were a in vain

Tho puir and puirer we mun be;

Siller canna buy the heart

That aye beats warm for thine an thee.

We watched thee in the gloamin hour;

We watched thee in the mornin grey;

Though thirty thousand pounds they gie,

Oh, there is nane that would betray!

Sweet's the laverock's note an lang,

Liltin wildly up the glen;

But aye to me he sings a sang,

"Will ye no come back again?"

Lyrics by Carolina, Lady Nairne.

It`s the only song and words I could think of Charlie.

"WILL YE NO COME BACK AGAIN"

Please

Bobby

Absalootly brillyint, Boaby, a fellow SR180 driver AND Latin Scholar all in one... :yahoo:

Biggibus Kevbus.

Hi Guys, sorry I have not been able to reply to this very strange situation. Firstly I have had 2 messages from Charlie, which I am keeping to myself, he asked me to, and I stick with his wishes.

I was never offended by his use of language, I deal with that senario every working day of my life. The names I get called you wouldn,t believe!!!!!

Ok he should not have used it on the Forum, but so what it happens. I agree with SCHM it was a storm in a teacup, but life goes on. I personally am saddened that Charlie will not post again on our Forum we have lost a GOOD poster.

One never knows he might come back one day. From reading between the lines I think that MODS on the Forums (Anchs excluded-He,s a genius)should take heed from this episode and not let it happen again. We have the BEST Forums on the Net ( believe I go on a lot of car ones and they dont come antwhere near this one)

Anyway thats my Two pence worth!!!1

Regards Clare

I don't think the issue here was the language he used.

I edited the swear work out like i would for any member but didn't remove his star.

I have my suspicions over which mod did that but so far he's not admitted to it.

And all because of a little internet star :lol: unbelivable.......I`m really suprised at Charlie :angry:

This is where charlie now sets up his own rival Rav4 forum in protest, and poaches all members from here :D

Maybe it's time we grew up - this thread is beginning to sound like a a debate in the House of Commons.

If CF feels he needs to move on - let him be - after all let's respect his decision. After all if he was a respected member then let's show him the respect which he rightly deserves now.

As for stars - who cares. After all what's the difference if any member contributes a little or a lot it's the usefulness of each post that really matters at the end of the day.

I do my utmost to refrain from using bad language or try to find a work-around the swear filters. I take the view that if someone has to resort to the use of fowl or degrading language then it demonstrates poor linguistic and communication skills.

The moderators and administrators have onerous responsibilities and tasks so let's respect them and let them get on with their most valued work.

Maybe it's time we grew up - this thread is beginning to sound like a a debate in the House of Commons.

If CF feels he needs to move on - let him be - after all let's respect his decision. After all if he was a respected member then let's show him the respect which he rightly deserves now.

As for stars - who cares. After all what's the difference if any member contributes a little or a lot it's the usefulness of each post that really matters at the end of the day.

I do my utmost to refrain from using bad language or try to find a work-around the swear filters. I take the view that if someone has to resort to the use of fowl or degrading language then it demonstrates poor linguistic and communication skills.

The moderators and administrators have onerous responsibilities and tasks so let's respect them and let them get on with their most valued work.

Forsooth....indubitably the voice of reason, James. He shall return only of his own volition.....LET US LEAVE HIM TO MAKE HIS OWN DECISION....? Good luck and thanks, Charlie.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Well said James :thumbsup:

And all because of a little internet star :lol: unbelivable.......I`m really suprised at Charlie :angry:

This is where charlie now sets up his own rival Rav4 forum in protest, and poaches all members from here :D

As referenced by some one else earlier in this thread - and this is not meant as a dig at any one - the stars are awarded for outstanding contributions and Charlie made many of them hence his star. If they were worthless or pointless then why do forums like this one and many others use them? This is a public forum so no one is going to get paid for giving up a bucket load of their own time to take photos and put together a comprehensive guide of 'how to'. If an internet star is the way of saying 'Thank you' for your contribution then so be it - at the end of the day it is public recognition and people always like that.

As pointed out by James the moderators have responsibilities on here and do a good job most of the time - however, the moderator who is responsible for this fracas needs to grow a pair, come clean and actually try to do some thing to rectify this situation instead of driving around in his or her car with the window down playing

at full blast on their stereo.

Charlie, if your choice is to stay off this forum then I respect your decision - you have my number so keep in touch thumbsup.gif

In any other thread members would be told to stay on topic and not keep posting random videos.....

The last thing you guys will want on here is Mod Wars! :P

Just caught up with this sad,sorry mess.

No side taking but armistice anyone??

Del

The last thing you guys will want on here is Mod Wars! :P

Could make things a tad more exciting

boxing.gif2guns.gifargue.gifbash.gifbangin.gifblowup.gifgun_bandana.gifoops.gif

In any other thread members would be told to stay on topic and not keep posting random videos.....

My posting of videos is not at all random and is (In all cases) a comment in reply to the previous post using creativity and artistic ability.......Something that is sadly lacking on the forum sometimes ;) .......Totaly on topic and valid forum comment

Any member of the moderating team has the ability to close or delete this topic.......It is a pity that such a storm has blown up out of such a small star !..........Maybe it was the Nativity Star :lol:

Yes its kicking off!!!!!:yahoo:

Edit: Sorry I`ll rephrase that,

"O darn it, one seems to be getting ones self in a spot of bother" Twot! Twot! Twot!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links