Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Slight Issue's

jay1985

A little help please........I've noticed that my 190 in the early cold mornings when just started her she has a slight hesitation when accelerating (not hard) is this a normal thing or is this the sign of a faulty coil pack?? Also I've noticed when using the "LIFT" on a fast start when warmed when shifting quickly it bogs down for a split second then powers on is this due to the fact the vacuum flap in the air box is missing?? any advice will be loved!!

Ok lift will not engage until the engine is at a suitable temperature. The ECU controls this anyway, so if it's not happy with the engine temp it will not engage lift.

There is also a power dip just before lift kicks in, this is due to the cams & is designed that way to make 'lift' feel more dramatic. The only way to cure that is to fit stage 2 cams (these flatten out the lift dip & provide a little more low down torque) and ideally an aftermarket eCU to get the full benefit.

If you are experiencing bogging on acceleration & the vac flat on the airbox is missing, then I would recommend you reset the ECU (either by pully the fuse or disconnecting the Battery for about 30secs). At the same time clean your MAF sensor. The ECU will then be in 'learn' mode and should smooth out the bogging.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links