Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav4 Have I Made The Right Choice?

Don't blame me for that, it is a specfic request by Anchorman, he has to have a regular fix :lol:

Gus

He'll have printed them out and taken them out to his tiny wee garage and locked himself in it.....he'll go blind, y'know.....

No! thats a slur on Dons character, he only gets really excited if he can remove the cover hisself,he comes over all peculiar goes into a trance and reaches out for an oily rag, I've seen it :nerd: Stew

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• Big Kev

• local hero

• jedi134

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stunning Gus stunning. I do love those Chrome grilles.

Regards Clare

Take no notice of Kev and Charlie those wheels are the best.

I never noticed any difference but now I have the pics I will compare with mine asap. Those injector plugs might be slightly different.

Lovely car Gus and thanks for the por..............

..........pictures.

BTW does the radio control an ipod as it comes or do you need a seperate interface?

iv got a 10 plate rav and its got a 2af engine ? 150bhp

and its not as good on fuel 42mpg with old 138bhp now im geting 38mpg with the new car

i find it a lot more refined than the older 1 tho !! very nice car

So not wishing to appear thick, they not only did the possible last face-lift but also put in a new series engine?

Regards Clare

sounds like you may be right ???

Take no notice of Kev and Charlie those wheels are the best.

I never noticed any difference but now I have the pics I will compare with mine asap. Those injector plugs might be slightly different.

Lovely car Gus and thanks for the por..............

..........pictures.

BTW does the radio control an ipod as it comes or do you need a seperate interface?

I actually prefer the wheels, easier to clean, these have five spokes, the previous Rav six, second dont show the dirt, dont worry Kev tookk it straight through the local car wash even paid £1.99 for the wax option, so it is all protected for the next 12 months :lol:

Radio has full control of the ipod using the USB cable or full control of the iPhone using the bluetooth or USB cable, full "search/music like this" Album art etc, by the way send me your address details on PM and you are welcome to borrow the Touch & Go manual for a read through, would like it back mind :lol:

Gus

Yep, well spotted Gus, mine is a 2AF too.

All the manuals refer to it as the FTV just like the 136 engine and the auto's with the D-CAT as FHV.

Yep, well spotted Gus, mine is a 2AF too.

All the manuals refer to it as the FTV just like the 136 engine and the auto's with the D-CAT as FHV.

So not wishing to appear thick, they not only did the possible last face-lift but also put in a new series engine? Regards Clare

The fundamental difference in the block is the addition of breather holes to prevent crank case pressure and reduce oil consumption.

Proper.pdf

It has a very different cooled EGR;

Intake and exhaust.pdf

Slight differences to the common rail and piezo injectors like the 180;

Fuel system.pdf

...........amongst other things. Even the early manual describes it as a 2AD but it is easier with a new engine type number.

just checked !!! paper work from toyotas says 2AF but looked at engine on the head left hand side under the wiring loom theres a barcode sticker with AD on it ????

It would seem so although as I said, the early pdf's show it as a 2AD.

My log book shows the engine as a 2AF.

Yeah, my log book is similar. I hadn't made the connection, just took "2AF" to be part of the engine number. As you say, the techdoc workshop manual had all references as "2AD". Not been on techdoc for a while. Have they updated the references on there or are they still "2AD"?

Oh, nice motor Gust :thumbsup:

My log book arrived today - says 2AD :huh: :angry2:

Been playing with the satnav today, put three full postcodes in and it was accurate on two and the third my home postcode it navigated to 5 digits of the postcode not the seven digits I put in and hence about 1/2 mile out, although full address was accurate.

Gus

Maybe it's just a scarlet fish afterall.

Been playing with the satnav today, put three full postcodes in and it was accurate on two and the third my home postcode it navigated to 5 digits of the postcode not the seven digits I put in and hence about 1/2 mile out, although full address was accurate.

Gus

Oh Marvellous car then, Gus....that's two of you don't know the way home , eh...?

Read yer PM's and stop playing with breakable things.....

Big Kev

This engine thing sounds very confusing····

So the original engine was called a 2AD and then the 150 BHP version (aka 110kW?) came out and was called a 2AF - and that seems to be the one fitted to schm and Anchormans cars - both registered in 2010 I think.

And then Gusts brand new 150BHP motor seems to be back to a 2AD designation.

I just looked at the V5 of my 2011 150 BHP D-CAT motor and I also have the 2AD.

On the face of it, it seems as if the 2AF was either a very short-lived engine designation or there has been a mixup in the paperwork back in 2010?

very confusing!

just checked !!! paper work from toyotas says 2AF but looked at engine on the head left hand side under the wiring loom theres a barcode sticker with AD on it ????

Mine says 2AD on there as well.

In the reference to info and/or paperwork from Toyota saying "2AF" where are people looking exactly? is it the V5 and the first 3 characters of the engine number or elsewhere?

I just looked at my vehicle invoice and at the service book and on both of those, the engine number matches the V5 except instead of starting 2AD it starts 2AH (yup 'AH', not AF or AD)

So it sounds like some info provided is just dropping the 2nd letter (D) and subsituting it for the 3rd letter (F) for std 150, or 4th letter (H) for D-CAT 150

Gus, your V5 with the AD number and Toyota docs with AF. Except for the letters, are the numbers all matching between the two documents

Where do we find the actual engine number on the block? seems it could be worth checking what it really says and if it matches the V5s

I have been speaking to Toyota today and the difference between the two types 2AD and 2AF is that the 2AD is Euro 4 and the 2AF is Euro 5. the block is the same (so there will be a 2AD sticker on it) the differences are pretty much as per Dons post plus a few minor other changes. hope this helps :lol:

Gus

As my rather petite friend from Scotland would say - Pish.

It must be the BS merchant that tried to tell him that a 2009 SR180 had no runflats on it.

My 150 is DEFINITELY a Euro 4 engine and the current SRs with a D-CAT are Euro 5s. I've not got any definitive data on your 2012 model but the emmissions are the same so I've no reason to suspect that yours isn't Euro 4 as well.

where are people looking exactly? is it the V5 and the first 3 characters of the engine number.....?

Yes.

euro 5 refers to economy not emissions (Duh).

Eh?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links