Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Rav4 Have I Made The Right Choice?

Noobie here just picked up my 12 Reg Rav today...... :D

What oil do I use?

I hear that the engine is a consumable, how often should I change it?

Should I get RFT's fitted?

Gus & Ravi mk2

p.s. Kev course you can borrow it (it's only got 7 miles on it)

p.p.s engine model/type 2AF...........

post-72786-0-46413300-1330544069_thumb.j

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• Big Kev

• local hero

• jedi134

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What oil do I use?

Should I get RFT's fitted?

Gus & Ravi mk2

p.s. Kev course you can borrow it (it's only got 7 miles on it)

Oil.......use Jedi C3...B2....B1....2 stroke (same problem as Touch and Go.....?)

Deffo yes to Runflats.....something else to bring up every 6 months.

Engine....use only petrol.....

2AF : SAME AS CHARLIE....2 ENGINES...ALL FAULTY....?

Your health to enjoy it Gus (ya luck auld sh.....)

Big Kev

Having the engine changed every six months saves the cost of oil changes....

Run flats are the must have accessory for the terminally bewildered .....

Please do not get Jedi started on oil again or I'm off to find a short rope and a high rafter .......

We used to have another Member o here called Gust but He was crackers and left Years ago......

Having the engine changed every six months saves the cost of oil changes....

Run flats are the must have accessory for the terminally bewildered .....

Please do not get Jedi started on oil again or I'm off to find a short rope and a high rafter .......

We used to have another Member o here called Gust but He was crackers and left Years ago......

.....disappeared in an Irish hurricane....Gust O'Wind.....

NOO THAT is BAD.....

jokes aside, I am surprised that you havent picked up on the new engine designation of 2AF not the old one which if memory serves correctly was 2AD.

also surprised Don has not been asking for pictures :lol:

i'll try my best for the pictures Don, but I will be hiding in a hotel near you tomorrow :lol:

Gus

They tried the 2AE in Charlie's

That was the (accident & emergency version) good luck and welcome to our new member, anything you want to know don't ask me, :thumbsup: Stew

also surprised Don has not been asking for pictures :lol:

i'll try my best for the pictures Don, but I will be hiding in a hotel near you tomorrow :lol:

Gus

Aye and without coming for a brew - shocking. Big Kev would skin you for that crime if you were in his locality.

So these photos.

Can you pull that engine cover off and take a few of this 2AF engine please?

It just pops back on with a firm push in each corner.

What oil do I use?

Only the best, be very wary of what Dealerships put in

Every 8K acording to Charlie......best at 5K to be safe IMO :P

2nd Atempt @ Failure..... :P :P Joke.............. :D

So I was in Buxton and thought I better make an effort, took a walk into town and asked a couple lads if they knew where Anchorman lived, their response was "do you want try that again" so I did, I said "Anchors", never got a chance to say any more as I had a black eye....

Nice lot up near you Don, the wife reckons they diidnt understand my accent.

Gus

Its a wonder they didn't know you were talking about me even if they did mishear!

I hope you looked at the referbished station and go into the middle of the dome (it is open to the public) and just talk to each other and see what happens.

Have a good time and don't break the RAV.

Aye and without coming for a brew - shocking. Big Kev would skin you for that crime if you were in his locality.

So these photos.

Can you pull that engine cover off and take a few of this 2AF engine please?

It just pops back on with a firm push in each corner.

just as soon as it stops raining, tally ho, roger, wilco and out.

Are you saying that the 2.2D 150BHP in the 2012 RAV is different to the 2.2D 150BHP in the 2011 RAV?

He's saying its a 2AF not a 2AD. What we need to know is the difference so maybe a visit to tec doc site is in order. Let me see if I can remember my log in details.

It usually means the next generation and that might be something insignificant but it doesn't surprise me they have changed the marque after all the bad press its got on here.

So I was in Buxton and thought I better make an effort, took a walk into town and asked a couple lads if they knew where Anchorman lived, their response was "do you want try that again" so I did, I said "Anchors", never got a chance to say any more as I had a black eye....

Gus

Gus, if you think Buxtons rough stay away from Blackpool, me and the wife were walking along the pier, and this couple started having a blazing row, then she hit him with her handbag, so he clobbered her with a stick, then the police arrived and set about both of them with truncheons, then this crocodile joined in, All the kids started screaming, and a Dog ran off with some sausages, honestly it was really scary!!!! :fear: :fear: Stew

Sounds like a good night out in Douglas!!!!!

Regards Clare

Gus

Gus, if you think Buxtons rough stay away from Blackpool, me and the wife were walking along the pier, and this couple started having a blazing row, then she hit him with her handbag, so he clobbered her with a stick, then the police arrived and set about both of them with truncheons, then this crocodile joined in, All the kids started screaming, and a Dog ran off with some sausages, honestly it was really scary!!!! :fear: :fear: Stew

Worst of it was, Stew min....the guy REALLY responsible for all that wasn't even done for loitering within tent.....ah made that up....sorry...

RIP FRANKY CARSON !!!!

Were you there Kev? how do you know it all kicked off in a little Tent? :laughing: :laughing: Stew

Has the 2012 model year got DRL's?

I did promise some piccies and Don asked for some specific pictures, as the media gallery doesn’t allow me to add them there, I will attach them, apologies mods if this in breach of etiquette.

By the way keep this quiet (Hoovie gets upset if he is not supervising :lol: ) but I have started pimping this afternoon, roadhawk being the first mod, boot lighting probably tomorrow.

Gus

post-72786-0-20488200-1330790929_thumb.j

post-72786-0-06515800-1330790940_thumb.j

post-72786-0-88639500-1330790946_thumb.j

post-72786-0-24132800-1330790954_thumb.j

post-72786-0-52693900-1330790977_thumb.j

post-72786-0-83190400-1330790986_thumb.j

post-72786-0-36123700-1330791002_thumb.j

post-72786-0-20826900-1330791010_thumb.j

post-72786-0-53542800-1330791028_thumb.j

post-72786-0-10936000-1330791038_thumb.j

I did promise some piccies and Don asked for some specific pictures, as the media gallery doesn’t allow me to add them there, I will attach them, apologies mods if this in breach of etiquette.

Dunno about photo etiquette specifically but is engine !Removed! allowed?

Don't blame me for that, it is a specfic request by Anchorman, he has to have a regular fix :lol:

Gus

He'll have printed them out and taken them out to his tiny wee garage and locked himself in it.....he'll go blind, y'know.....

Utterly stonking vehicular transport, Gus, but me and Charlie just cannae go them "wheels from the dark side"....get the Collinite oot and exercise yer other arm now.....and seal yer alloys with Jetseal so you know when they are clean or not.

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links