Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tns510 Sat Nav Info

john270_6

Hello I have just bought a new IQ3 with satnav built in....I am only getting dircetions comming from the left side speaker I thought it should be from both.. My local dealer say its correct but I'm still not shure if they are right can any body let me know if its correct .

Thanks

John

I'll check mine on the way home in the morning.

Fish

I looked through the manual for my Navi and it doesn't offer and options for the guidance other than volume. This is the second Toyota Navi I've had and both of them only provided voice guidance from the front left speaker.

Just to confirm with Taz, the audio for the satnav is from the left hand side only and the music on that side is reduced by 3db whist the satnav voice is announcing. Btw 3db is half level

David

Hello I have just bought a new IQ3 with satnav built in....I am only getting dircetions comming from the left side speaker I thought it should be from both.. My local dealer say its correct but I'm still not shure if they are right can any body let me know if its correct .

Thanks

John

Mine comes out of the front left speaker. I did go into the menu, but could find a way of changing it.

Thank all for the info I find it a bit disapointing only having guidance from one side, its loud enough but at the cost of the system it seems to fall short of the object.

The bluethooth phone link comes through both Speakers so why not the navi

Anyway thanks all, I may just have to get used to it.

If anbodys intrested I have been waiting for this car since October its in burnt orange and I has the rear isport pack fitted it looks good and its multidrive.....one more iterm that comes to mind I was disapointed it did not come with the 7speed sequensing gear change..asking the dealer, he did'nt know why either.

John

:mellow:

Its to simulate your wife or husband giving you directions from the left. Lol

David

Its to simulate your wife or husband giving you directions from the left. Lol

David

Nice. I have a Clarion head unit with navigation in my Vanagon. The audio direction comes from all Speakers and I find it rather annoying. The music drops completely while she is talking, I prefer the one speaker operation of the iQ to that.

John, I have a question. Does your navi unit disable the iPod and phone book features while driving?

I can tell you Taz. All functions are possible at speed in the UK

David

Hi

not used the ipod I dont have one but everything else works ok.

John

I can tell you Taz. All functions are possible at speed in the UK

David

So just in American they don't trust us while driving. :huh:

Cant think why they wouldn't trust all you lot in the USA. :P

Fish

Thank all for the info I find it a bit disapointing only having guidance from one side, its loud enough but at the cost of the system it seems to fall short of the object.

The bluethooth phone link comes through both speakers so why not the navi

Anyway thanks all, I may just have to get used to it.

If anbodys intrested I have been waiting for this car since October its in burnt orange and I has the rear isport pack fitted it looks good and its multidrive.....one more iterm that comes to mind I was disapointed it did not come with the 7speed sequensing gear change..asking the dealer, he did'nt know why either.

John

:mellow:

The sat nav coming out of the left speaker was not much of a concern for me, it was the interior light. That has now been sorted by David AKA Tarquin.

I'm quite happy with the Multidrive. If a 7 speed gearbox had turned out like the Smart one, they can keep it.

So what was the problem with the interior light ? the one in my iq3 is useless why they use an led in a sort of eyeball beam , best with a small light bulb for all round light and please Toyota put one in the rear tail gate !

John

Hi John

As you have probably deduced MR T put a 1/8 watt LED and a magnifying lens in the iQ. I have produced a modification which utilises the same dome light but with up rated LED to 3watts and a change of the resistor pack. Also if required i fit an extention socket to the light fitteng and a kit to fit lights in the rear. The result looks like an installation that looks like it was as if it came with the car. There are plenty of pics on the site and one's when i changed my dash to blue from amber

David

Hello David

can you tell me were I can find the info about the LED light fitting mod .

Thanks

John

Hi john

The link fish gave is for my dashboard mod to blue. some how all the pic's for the dome light have disappeared off the site. I can tell you it means stripping the dome down and removing the printed circuit board and discarding it, You then have to make a custom PCB and fit a 3watt LED and use the copper on the pcb as a heat sink. There are some wiring mods to do also the resistor pack on the large switch pcb are changed for 3watt ceramic resistors of 47 ohms. These then have to be wired in parallel . to achieve 15 ohms at 9 watts and re assemble. I have been helping people out by doing a up-grade swap service . PM me if you would like details

David

Another quick question regarding the Tns510, do they all have the DAB sticker on the front of them and the DAB option appear on the menus? regardless of whether or not theyhave the DAB module fitted?

Dont think they have the DAB stinkers on them, and I'd doubt they the DAB option would show up until the module is fitted.

Fish

Thanks David for the info....I think I had better leaveit alone seing its still on warranty for a long time to come. Although I would like a better light.

John

Hi John

As the dome light is a stand alone unit, to replace it from the spare parts department costs £ 41. If you wanted the far better light option. You could simply keep your old one and get a new one modified and use that. If a warranty issue appeared you could simply swap back your original one. The process for swapping takes about 20 seconds. By the way my car is still under warranty.

David

On the DAB front. Its quite expensive over £350

And you could install it yourself but the thing that put me off was that it requires a second aerial to be fitted. Which i didnt fancy. My solution to all this is that i have an un-limited data package on my iPhone. But can be done on androids , is to download an app "tune in Radio ". This gives you not only vertuall all the DAB channels as most are streaming but thousands of stations from all over the world in clear stereo via bluetooth it is particulally good for me as i work for a station 50 miles from me in july each year and i am outside the FM coverage so can listen to the output wherever i am. I often listen to another station in wellington newzealand that i did some work for, whilst driving around. In practice. It rarely buffers except from stations in the US and Asia. Buffering is a modern problem in our streaming world that we live with

David

Hello David how does the light fitting come out is it just a matter of levering it or is a screw fitting. I may be able to find one from a scrap car on eBay maybe. Whats the mod ?

I had dab fitted I got it at areduced price 199+vat and it does have a small areial stick to the windscreen hardly noticable.

Its very clear sounding and better than FM me being deaf one side it good.

john

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links