Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tns510 Sat Nav Info

john270_6

Hello David how does the light fitting come out is it just a matter of levering it or is a screw fitting. I may be able to find one from a scrap car on eBay maybe. Whats the mod ?

I had dab fitted I got it at areduced price 199+vat and it does have a small areial stuck to the windscreen hardly noticable.

Its very clear sounding and better than FM, me being deaf one side it good and helps

john

Sitting in the drivers seat left hand on the light, you'll need to slide a thin blade/ruler on the right hand side. That is where the clip is.

Fish

Thanks Dan for answering about removal. I am away on holiday at the moment

David

• 1 month later...

I have the chance of a different sat nav. If I was going to sell my TNS510, would anybody be interested? If so what offer would you make? It's in my December 2010 iQ3 and is immaculate.

I assume you will be changing just the satnav module so to fit it to a non satnav model would still require me to purchase all the trim panels?

No idea what they are worth really, Any ideas what you would want for it?

One more thing, what satnav unit are you changing it for?

Craig.

I assume you will be changing just the satnav module so to fit it to a non satnav model would still require me to purchase all the trim panels?

No idea what they are worth really, Any ideas what you would want for it?

One more thing, what satnav unit are you changing it for?

Craig.

Well I suppose the £1300 odd pounds that Toyota charge (A ridiculous amount) includes all the panels. I'm not sure what it's worth, perhaps £400 to £500. My friend owns a garage and he buys right offs. He is dismantling an almost new Toyota Avensis. I can have the TNS350 unit. Still have to buy it though.

Yeah, That seems to be the going rate on eBay for them then all the extra panels to buy as well. Would make a very nice addition but the amount I'd use it, Cant help but think a Tomtom might be better value for me personally.

If you fit the 350 unit I guess you loose the use of a CD player? Perhaps MP3's on a memory stick would suffice though.

Craig.

Yeah, That seems to be the going rate on ebay for them then all the extra panels to buy as well. Would make a very nice addition but the amount I'd use it, Cant help but think a Tomtom might be better value for me personally.

If you fit the 350 unit I guess you loose the use of a CD player? Perhaps MP3's on a memory stick would suffice though.

Craig.

What I like about the TNS510, is the way it's always on, the volume keys, the USB front connection and speed dial for making calls. Also when navigating on motorways, it shows each junction and the time to them, plus it displays the services at each junction in icons (Fuel, food etc)

Sadly it doesn't show those nasty speed camera's though. :(

Fish

Sadly it doesn't show those nasty speed camera's though. :(

Fish

The navigation is very good though. I think it's worth £400

Yeah, That seems to be the going rate on ebay for them then all the extra panels to buy as well. Would make a very nice addition but the amount I'd use it, Cant help but think a Tomtom might be better value for me personally.

Craig.

I have only used the CD player once. I bluetooth from the iPhone all the time or connect the iPhone with a cable.

While searching navigation for the iQ I came across the TNS410 and it runs Tom Tom navigation software

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links