Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Ici Daylight Running Lights Using Fire Drls

johnMM

Anybody have experience of fitting the Toyota DRL's from the Fire version to the ICE

do not want to use non toyota parts

is the wiring loom identical in the 2 versions.

Advice

• 5 months later...

You will need to purchase the Fire grill for about £54 including tax and the DRL light set and brackets [about £100] from your local Toyota dealer. When you pop the front bumper off you will need to use a dremmel or other hobby tool to cut the fixing from the old non-DRL grill; in the same way you install the fogs.

Then simply pop the new DRL grill into the bumper with the DRL fitted. Now, as for wiring I am assuming that the power for the DRL is taken from the headlight wiring loom; I cannot locate any spare connectors after a quick investigation but I can't see it's going to be rocket science to install them.

I chose to install the Fire grill and then install the Philips Daylight 8 which are far better quality than the OEM "]http://www.led-drl.co.uk/cars/ and a lot more effective; plus I can have mine on with the ignition on as per Swedish law.

I chose to install the Fire grill and then install the Philips Daylight 8 which are far better quality than the OEM http://www.led-drl.co.uk/cars/ and a lot more effective; plus I can have mine on with the ignition on as per Swedish law.

Do you have a pictiure of your car with the DRL installed? I see that u are from Sweden (and so am I). The Swedish law requires that after market DRL are used in conjunction with the parking lamps. Silly really, making distinction between original DRL (no need to have parking lamps on) and after market DRL (must have parking lights on along with DRL) at day time.

By the way are you on the citybugs.se membership?

I am in fact in Malta, with a little time in the UK now. I took photos throughout the process and will put them on the site in a little while.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links