Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Windows Not Working

jinkazama_11

Hi

Could someone please help me.

I got Avensis T4 (2004) 1.8 petrol. I got following problem with electric windows.

1)- Only "Driver Side" widow is working, all remaining windows are not working at all.

2)- I have pressed the "Window Lock" button on drivers window switch few times but without any luck.

3)- The little lights on these three "Window switches" are also off. The light on "Drivers switch" is on (this is the window which is working).

4)- I also tried to use the individual switches on each windows but still same problem.

I only bought this car couple of days ago and car probably been parked for few weeks.

Thanks for your help.

try the easy things first and check you dont have a blown fuse or that the door wiring in between the driver door hinges.isnt snagged

could be the lock out switch to disable the other windows has got rain into it and is faulty but should still work at the drivers set of switches?

thanks for your reply.

i have checked the manual and there is only one fuse for all four windows. i ll check the fuse anyway. i will also check the wiring b/w driver door hinges.

thanks again for the help

sounds like an electrical power issue. unless it is something simple like a snagged wire or fuse. u may have to take it to a auto electrition/garage unless ur handy with a multimeter.

coop

i have checked fuses and wire. no fuses are blowen and all wire are in good condition. it seems its something else. any other tips?

thanks

with out getting in there with a multimeter u wont be able to trace the fault if it is electrical

i think i have to take it to a garage. thanks for your help guys.

If it's any help the lights in the 3 non-drivers door switches are supposed to go out when the master switch has disabled them. I'd start by looking at the main switch.

Alan, from "master switch" do you mean the switch which controls the drivers window or the small switch which disables/enables the passenger windows?

Thanks

The one which enables/disables the other windows.

I have pressed it few times and windows are still not working. Is there a way to check if it this switch is faulty?

yes take a multi meter set it to the ohm setting and check resistance with the switch open and with the switch closed.... obvioulsy it should read open circuit with the switch open and short circuit with it closed. if it doesnt that might be ya problem... of course u could just check to see if u got a live feed b4 and after the switch

Your responses are really useful. I will check with a multimeter and ll update with the outcome.

Thanks

all windows are working ok now. the small lock switch is faulty and sticking at lock position.

Ditto. Also glad it was an easy fix. Sometimes the ones you think will be an expensive fix turn out to be the easiest eh.

alan and cooper, thank you very much guys, i couldn't have fixed it without your help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links