Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D4d Yaris

Hallon

Does anybody arround here haves Yaris 1.4 D4D French manufacturing?

I would like to ask him a few questions. Or better to ask to test some things... :huh:

Friend of mine has one at work, but he's not signed up on here...what are the q's?

Vipes

Mine's Japanese too I'm afraid.

Problems?

Cheers,

Alan

OK, try to do following:

1) Drive for a while, few kilometers

2) Find a parking place

3) Pull out of gear

4) Press clutch pedal

5) With pressed clutch pedal, add gas upto 2000RPM

6) With 2000RPM try to release/press/release clutch pedal

Do you hear difference between pressed and released clutch pedal?

If you do hear difference, how does it sound?

Do you feel vibration on clutch pedal?

If you hear difference, try to find spot between 1500RPM and 2000RPM with biggest sifference.

Okay, will try tonight on way home from work then...

Hi Hallon,

I've tried what you listed above, but my car makes no noise at all. Its only mechanical gramlin is a slight reluctance to change into reverse.

Might be worth private messaging Dieselpower (I think that's how you spell it) as he's very helpful.

Cheers,

Alan

Hm, that's exactly what I was expecting.

Well, I have written before, I'm experiencing some kind of drumming sound which is comming from engine compartment when changing gears. This sound is very loud. With this sound, clutch pedal starts to vibrate. This is not exactly normal!!! Procedure I have written before is a method how to reproduce this fault.

I have sent E-mail to Toyota. Local dealer tested my Yaris and noticed this problem.

BUT!!! Another D4D French Yaris was showing exactly same efect. Now they have two exactly same cars with same problem.

In their story this vibration and sound produces Clutch Master Cylinder. :blink:

As I don't know much about car mechanic, this didn't sound too strange to me, so I've accepted their story. At home, I connected myself to Internet and checked this systems, how they are working, and got to a conclusion: this noise and vibration CANNOT be produced by a clutch hydraulic system.

I believe this is some kind of serial manufacturing fault, but I can't proove my theory. In my neighborhood are few D4D French Yaris, but none japanese. I need hard evidence to proove they are selling faulty cars. Any idea???

Allso, it's very strange that this fault isn't reported anywhere in Europe, so I wanted to check this here.

Now again, if there is anybody who's driving French D4D Yaris, I'll appreciate contact and this small test... :D

I can't contact Diesel_Power. He's rejecting PM's and I can't use E-mail contact to send him a message... :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links