Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice Re Car Frame

wah07

Hi guys

Needed some advice please. I am crouching down and looking under the car the lines which are on the side under the body. I think they are called rails or frame but it's the long metal thing that is on each side which goes from the front of the car to the back.

Are these suppose to be uneven? As I can see some uneven parts like a wavy line.

Please advise.

Thanks

Some pictures would probably help

Sorry guys not sure what they are called but I have got home and taken the pics. I have taken these pics from under the left side of the car from front all the way to the back...

post-103556-0-79548000-1364843567_thumb.

post-103556-0-50728100-1364843575_thumb.

post-103556-0-68192100-1364843607_thumb.

post-103556-0-34264200-1364843615_thumb.

post-103556-0-46206600-1364843625_thumb.

post-103556-0-73393300-1364843633_thumb.

post-103556-0-47963500-1364843642_thumb.

post-103556-0-64634900-1364843652_thumb.

post-103556-0-29924500-1364843661_thumb.

I think you are talking about the outer sills. The lower part of the body that runs from the front to the rear wheel arch. These are manufactured with a thinner piece of metal that points down toward the ground. Near the wheel arches, say within 20 cm, there are different shaped areas to help you to locate the jack to lift the car up when changing the wheel.

Ok just saw your pictures. These are the sills. the manufactured cut outs are where the jack goes. The others look like damage to me, maybe dented on a high kerb stone or a rock.

• Like 1

I think you are talking about the outer sills. The lower part of the body that runs from the front to the rear wheel arch. These are manufactured with a thinner piece of metal that points down toward the ground. Near the wheel arches, say within 20 cm, there are different shaped areas to help you to locate the jack to lift the car up when changing the wheel.

Ok just saw your pictures. These are the sills. the manufactured cut outs are where the jack goes. The others look like damage to me, maybe dented on a high kerb stone or a rock.

Thanks for your reply.

Is this something to be worried about and is it serious damage or does every car have these from driving and the age of the car?

Ok, so now I have figured out that if I click on your photos they get bigger. Check me out - I'm an IT genius!

They look fine mate, normal on a car with any age. If you are worried you could slap a bit of underseal or hamerite or similar over any areas that look like they might rust. If it was me I would probably just leave it - but I'm looking at pictures on a small screen. You have the real thing, so you are probably best placed to decide.

• Like 1

Ok, so now I have figured out that if I click on your photos they get bigger. Check me out - I'm an IT genius!

They look fine mate, normal on a car with any age. If you are worried you could slap a bit of underseal or hamerite or similar over any areas that look like they might rust. If it was me I would probably just leave it - but I'm looking at pictures on a small screen. You have the real thing, so you are probably best placed to decide.

Lol, I took the pics from my 13mp camera so you could see it in a bigger picture and clearly.

As long as it's nothing serious then I think I'm going to leave it, I just wanted to be sure that there's no clamp marks or anything as it might have been involved in an accident. If it looks ok then there's no problem, I did get worried before though. I am going to get the underneath checked by a garage so will get advice from them too.

Thanks very much for your help

You're very welcome. There's loads of guys on here who know so much more than me - its brilliant. I've learned loads - I can even make digital pictures go big. Its amazing. Every day is a school day!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links