Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

kencat

Ordered 4 Continental contact tyres 4 next week ! Just relised the speed rating is t not h which toyota recommend ? Will thay be ok t rating is 118 mph , can't see me ever doing that speed in a rav ?

Why! are you thinking of going at max speed. I've got them on mine brilliant tyres, quiet and have been really good in the snow.

Keith

Just Toyota say h rated tyres only ?

• 2 weeks later...

Off two have new tyres fitted Saturday Continental contact lx2 ,

Old Yokos r then being returned two Yokoharma for inspection !

Let you know the out come !

• 1 month later...

Had a Reply from Yokoharma tyres this week my tyres r defective so the warranty will cover the cost of the remaining 4 to 5 mm left on the tyres , I'm a bit happier now shame Toyota weren't a bit more helpful tho .

Yokoharma have been very helpful Dealing with the matter .

Why! are you thinking of going at max speed. I've got them on mine brilliant tyres, quiet and have been really good in the snow.

Keith

The speed rating is not all about top speed which everybody thinks it is. It is to do with acceleration/braking/weight forces. Going lower can affect all of these and sometime your insurance cover as well as you have gone out the recommended scope to which the car was designed for

Alex

• Like 1

I got over 30k out of a set of Geolanders. Didnt have any cracking on them and not noticed any on my current set. Would they fail an MOT in that condition?

I would think thay would off failed the first mot in September ! I have seen 1 or 2 other rav4s with the same spilting

I wonder what is causing the cracking? Almost like the tread is moving around causing cracks. I'll keep an eye on mine but no problems as yet. I will probably need a new set of fronts before the year is out. I'll be sticking with Geolanders though as they have given me good service and I think companies should be given another chance if they do the right thing.

On mine Rav4 Crossover Diesel the Yoko G91 A Have got 65.000 Km. No Problem at this moment.

i bought the car with Avon ranger tyres on what the general thought on these and budget tyres in general?

Think the Avon ranger tyres r fine it was between them and the Continental , I went 4 the continentals in the end tho ! Just dident fancy a set of Yokos after the cracking , ( sounds like it is a fault with the compound of the rubber in the tread part off the tyre ) may be its just a batch fault ?

Generally people swear by the Yokos. I'm on my 2nd set, no issues. I think you got a bad-un.

Dave

Bad 4 ! I've never seen it , only on tyres like 10 years old then it's expected not on tyre 2 and half years old , may be they 2 cutting back on quality ?( Strange thing in wrk We had perished rubber fuel pipe on a jcb loader the other day and that was brand new )

Cracking in between the treads means the rubber has become hard and no longer flexible, they are perishing. Effectively they are plasticising. This is usually an ageing process but can be accelerated by UV light. The compound starts to deteriorate from new.

Had same issue wih a Defender I used to use. Can't remember the tyre brand now but problem was traced to a faulty batch of tyres and they were replaced by Landrover under warranty.

Had same issue wih a Defender I used to use. Can't remember the tyre brand now but problem was traced to a faulty batch of tyres and they were replaced by Landrover under warranty.

Had a wee overnighter in coronary care last week.....totally recovered.....then you tell me you once had a Land Rover.....?

Cheers mate.....relapsing.....

Bad 4 ! I've never seen it , only on tyres like 10 years old then it's expected not on tyre 2 and half years old , may be they 2 cutting back on quality ?( Strange thing in wrk We had perished rubber fuel pipe on a jcb loader the other day and that was brand new )

If I didn't know better I'd say its something in your particular environment that caused it. But if Yokohama say its a defect then maybe not.

My first set would have been sep 2007 from when car was new, 2nd set aug 2011. Originals were in great condition (at 4 years old) just worn down to 2mm. The ones on it (getting towards 2 years old) are in great condition with 5mm tread all round still (do approx 15k pa)

Dave

Had a wee overnighter in coronary care last week.....totally recovered.....then you tell me you once had a Land Rover.....?

Cheers mate.....relapsing.....

No need for the defibrilator Kev - I only USED it - I didn't own it..............

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links