Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whistling Sound At Idle

Edwardius

Hi all,

A while ago I noticed a whistling sound at idle, I had a look around the engine and it was coming from around the rear of the intake manifold. I cleaned the PCV valve, which made no difference. Then I noticed a vacuum hose running from the back of the engine block into the back of the intake manifold, when I disconnected this hose, the noise stopped.

The other end of the vacuum hose is connected to a circular device which is bolted to the back of the engine under the intake manifold, I guess this thing is gummed up.

Does anyone know what this part is? the car is a 2000 1.6 model with the 4A-FE engine. It's part of the crank case ventilation system anyway. Will leaving it alone cause any problems? The noise is annoying but it's not as annoying as having to remove the intake manifold to get at it!

thanks

Ed

"Then I noticed a vacuum hose running from the back of the engine block into the back of theintake manifold, when I disconnected this hose, the noise stopped."

Could the vac hose have a small hole or perforation in it causing the whistling noise.

"Then I noticed a vacuum hose running from the back of the engine block into the back of theintake manifold, when I disconnected this hose, the noise stopped."

Could the vac hose have a small hole or perforation in it causing the whistling noise.

Ok, so I disconnected the hose at the engine-end and plugged it with a finger... there was suction but no noise. Plugged it back into the cylindrical thing and the noise began again... Damnit!

Can you see the part in the attached picture?

post-45863-0-32146900-1372371016_thumb.p

Can you see the part in the attached picture?

I can indeed Devon, it looks like part 25804 on the bottom. Any ideas what it is? I googled the part number but I'm missing the other five characters in the OEM code

The part you mention is a " Vacuum control valve set" part # 25804-16070.

The part you mention is a " Vacuum control valve set" part # 25804-16070.

Thanks Devon, that's solved the mystery! Now I just need to figure out how to make it shut up!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links