Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Satnav.

TonyBerry

Hi all

I am new to the make and the site. Just purchased a 2001 Avensis vvti GS. A major improvement on my old Peugot 405!

Just a couple of questions - how does the satnav work? I have an owners booklet, but there is no mention of this item. Is there a separate booklet available? Also, the left hand side front speaker ( in the front of the door frame opposite the wing mirrior) of the stereo system does not work - is it likely to be the speaker itself or a connection problem. How do I remove the speaker to check.

Thanks for your help

Tony

Hi Tony, Welcome to Toyota & the site.

I have also recently purchased 2001 Avensis GS ( previous car was a Focus ).

Your sat Nav should have a handbook in with Owners manual, if not I suggest you insist your dealer gets you one.

Basically, If you press your Trip button until you get to the page with quite a lot of text on ( regulations etc ), then press Mode button, it should get you into Sat Nav system.

Once in, it then starts to get a little bit more complicated. but in the main you should see a menu. You scroll up & down by using rotary dial & then press Mode button to select option.

Once you get used to it you can input up to 99 memory points of your choice.

Don't tend to use mine much as most of my journeys are around Brum. But no doubt it will come into it's own in the summer.

For your speaker, check your balance by pressing Mode ( with radio on ) then right arrow button until you get to Balance option & check setting. Should be on 0 or R1, L1, adjust using rotary dial if not. If it is, then you may have a connection issue as you said. Take it to your dealership & Insist they sort you problems out. I take mine back virtually weekly for Squeaks & rattles etc as it's still under warranty.

Let me know how you get on.

Hi Tony,

Just a thought on your left hand front speaker. That happens to be the one used by the Sat Nav. Maybe its worth checking all the connections to the sat nav box in the boot?

Otherwise, I'd agree - a 2001 car should be under warranty, so you can just take it to any Toyota dealer and get them to sort it out.

Out of interest - does anyone know if the Sat Nav audio goes through the stereo system, or does it just cut off that speaker when it wants to talk?

Good luck getting it sorted out.

PeterL,

Yes, the Sat Nav does run through your Radio system! Speaker will still operate even if Sat Nav Cd-ROM unit is removed.

Just wondering how much updated CD's are & how often they need changing, due to newer versions?

Starensis,

I was interested in the price of a CD for France anyway, so I just phoned my local dealer.

They're £135.95! I'd heard they were around the £100 pound mark, but it's still a shock.

Apparently UK CD's are the same price, and get updated around once a year.

Now if only I could get my hands on the French CD for five minutes. It would pay for the cost of my CD burner in one go, and leave me with a profit!

PeterL

I will try to contact a couple of mates who work at Burnaston. May be able to get hold of newer version of Uk & France Cd's.

Might be worth starting a new string as I think there are a couple of members who work at Burnaston.

I will chase up my mates in the meantime.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your input everyone. One of the SatNav plugs was disconnected from the unit in the boot. The speaker is now working but the SatNav systen is not because I do not have a CD. Where can I get one from?

Thanks

Tony

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links