Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boost Controller

Aggo

right i have done numerous test drives with the boost controller hooked up to where indicated in the picture, is this even the right place for it?

its causing me to drop to 14psi max even with the controller on full!

however i have noticed that just putting my new hose on without the controller puts it upto 22psi (21psi is my normal)?

also i have noticed with the controller causes the boost to come in at 3000rpm now rather than 1700/2000 and will keep going up to 5000 which is insane! its hard accelerating well over 5000! which is bad but with low psi which is good.....

is it in the right place you reckon? (turbo is at the back and very inaccessible!)

no stupid remarks like if you don't know what your doing then you shouldn't be messing with it etc etc, any other day i would be joking along with you but I'm pulling my hair out to get this sorted...
thanks for the advice guys as always.
photo_zps61388318.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aggo

• MrBenjaminHDM

• smudge-1991

• Aidsy1

Wrong place if you go behind the the turbo there is a pipe going from the turbo down and round to the other plug next to the one u have done this is a sensor then that goes to the blow off valve

I have done this but not done any pics bit I am changing mine to a new one so will do pics then standard is 21 psi to 22 psi depending on temps and you can wind it up to 27 psi but do not know how much strain the turbo can take so I only put mine up to 25 psi ... I know it's only 3 more psi but it's not worth pissing off the ecu or knackering the turbo

If you go on YouTube and type in how to install a manual boost controller and there is a mighty car mods or an Aussie bloke is doing it to his but don't use the t price he uses ... It has blue hoses to his turbo and a modified valve in the video

smudge is it worth it.....? was thinking of selling mine pros/cons etc

feel any difference?

also would love pics of where yours is....

The boost is a better kick and stays on boost for a bit linger obviously it stays to 22 psi till about 3300 rpm then starts to drop off this goes to 26 psi till about 4000 so gives Mr golf gti somet to panic about as your boost gives you the knob but it doesn't feel like more power it feels like the acceleration just doesn't drop off at the 4000rpm like it does it just males it abit better to hold the power that combined with your chip and your exhaust should make a gd difference as your turbo temp will be lower as well with the exhaust pressure lower cos u jlhave no cat but I am saying to you that be careful cos if you openly to far the car will notice something is very wrong and won't spool the turbo right up ... So just turn it up a little at a time... As for pictures my car is due a service soon so will get pictures then for you

Cheers mate because I can't put it on until I see you pictures as I haven't got a clue....

to put i plainly there is a boost hose coming from the turbo to the unit where you have fitted it to yours it is quite fiddly though but the hose from the turbo is the one to edit which controller have you got

It's a ball and spring matey

Have u got a pic of it

could i pop up this weekend to you?

U could but I can't jack up the car and u can't see it cos it's down the back of the engine as that's where the boost pipe is ... I can show you on yours tho where it is

As should be able to fit it to yours as yours doesn't look as low as mine

Any chance of this meeting being on sunday at some point and could i join in :P? am at lichfield that day and wouldnt mind seeing where to fit this controller

Well whoever wants to come I can show you where to fit it

• Like 1

Yea Sunday is fine with me, where abouts in derby are you smudge?

!Removed! hell your like 3-4 mins away!

Aidsey you poping over?

Yeah I will. But will be after my track day.

Is about half 2 ok? If it finishes earlier I'll let you know, but will take me half an hour to get there.

I'm surprised we haven't driven past each other then ... 2 o clock is an ok time for me .... I haven't got much planned all day tomorrow anyway

Unfortunately not sure. They haven't told me how long it will be. Me and a friend are taking 3 laps in an ariel atom and a gtr. So I can't imagine a lap takes very long lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links