Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Both Scv Valves?

robk239

Have had the dreaded SCV problem last night managed to change the red one but had a torx issue trying to change the green one. Needed the car today so had to rebuild it. Car drove like new ? Should I do I still need to change the green valve

There's no right answer but I'd suggest changing the other valve. With 2 new valves - you're on a more sound footing and you've already paid for the other valve. Although things are OK currently - unless you change the green valve you don't really know if the improvement will be sustained. If you're having difficulty with the bolts - it may well be better to sort the issue now in a planned way.

Still having problems with removing the bolts. New tools on order.

My thinking is modern manufacturers only ever change the minimum to get something fixed when they are paying for it.

My concerns are am I putting the new valve under extra strain if it is having to compensate for the other or is it the other was fine all along and I have the green valve just in case it does start playing up. This we will never no until anything happens? All this in mind I will still try and fit the new one.

Was just seeing if anyone else had donly replaced one and had they experienced problems?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links