Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

First Impressions Of My New Yaris Hybrid

vanilla.coffee

...whereas I regularly see mine hit 2 bars with all the short journeys I do (equates to between 40 - 45% SOC on Torque) and at these times, the ICE cuts in and MG2 is frantically pouring in excess of 25A into the HV Battery to get it back up! During these times, I am lucky if I can get higher that 35 mpg even just poodling along at around 30 mph or just under (with the ICE running and the HV Battery charging)... This is the major problem with not being able to stretch the legs of the Yaris Hybrid most of the time in our situation. When you can't go over 30 mph for most of the time, it cuts into EV mode a lot and there's not much the driver can do about that at that speed...

Yeah, the type of journey is a massive factor.

Not really had a chance to run mine around town yet.

Ambient temps could be contributing to your figures too.

Once Spring/Summer finally arrives you should see a positive upward trend hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Toyota OC

Indeed, since I only got it last October, have no experience with it in warmer temperatures yet so hopefully, yes...

Will be interesting to see how my OH gets on with her hybrid Yaris. She is now setup on fuelly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links