Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Turning Off For No Reason

Cemil cimen

Hello, for the past few months my Toyota yaris 1.0 lt 2004 model has been turning off suddenly after all the warning lights light up. It is also accompained with a buzzing when it turns off. Before this problem happened it was running smoothly but now it feels heavy to drive, when I take my foot off the gas it slows down really fast (as if you are braking) ive sent this for a service and they couldnt find the problem, could it be an electrical fault? Thanks in advance.

If all the warning lights light up and it then stops, there will be fault codes logged.

Any semi competent mechanic can read them. I could - I have a code reader.

Change your garage..

If all the warning lights light up and it then stops, there will be fault codes logged.

Not so, all the lights will come on when the engine is off, no different to when stalled, it doesn't mean a fault code is stored.

but has'nt Cemil said "has been turning off suddenly after all the warning lights light up" ....... not lighting up when the engine is off

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links